Home Sports Talk
Options

I wish the Yankees had kept Andy Pettitte

I was pi ssed when they let him go. For some reason I don't think George ever liked him. He is having a great year and the Yankees sure could use him. The ironic thing is that if he had stayed with the Yankees he probably would never had gotten hurt last year since he sustained the injury while swinging the bat.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    How many ex-yankees are having great years?

It's apparent queen george is running the show, not letting cashman and torre make the moves, and it's even clearer than george has no idea what makes a quality ball player.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

It's George's money but yes he has made bad moves. Gene Michaels, one of the best in baseball at spotting talent, put the 1996 Yankees together when George was in his non-interfering state.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How embarassing is it, that the Yankees have an almost unlimited payroll - and yet, are forced to pick up basically any and every reasonably healthy pitcher that has been dumped by every other team in the league? It shows that a lot of bad baseball decisions have been (and are still being) made in the Bronx - and, I'd bet it gets worse before it gets better.
  • Options

I don't think getting rid of Manny will be a smart move either.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't think getting rid of Manny will be a smart move either. >>

As has been mentioned ad nauseum, Manny has asked to be traded each of the last 4 years.

This is nothing new...it's Manny being Manny.
  • Options
    This year seems different. I think the Sox are fed up with him. We will find out very shortly.
  • Options
    Make Mine Manny Money

Love him here in CLEVE

A four year old in baggy pants

Good hit - no field

CC for MANNY straight-up???
    ADVICE....Wise men don't need it and fools don't heed it