Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just got 2 negs from a seller after I gave him 2++

I am beside myself. I gave this guy two ++'s and stated in the response that he overgraded. He just hit me with 2 negs! What can I do?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    You can dispute the feedbacks and see if you and the seller can agree to have the feedbacks on both sides removed. Since you gave him positives, and he gave you negatives, there is nothing for you to lose in pursuing this (well, except the 2 negatives).

And are more and more sellers waiting until the buyer leaves feedback before leaving feedback now? I've noticed a significant trend in this direction. If I am a buyer, as soon as my payment posts I should have feedback. I shouldn't have my feedback held hostage because of a seller's uncertainty.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I hate this! I sell a lot and I don't hold feed back hostage ever!

Here are the links:

What a jerk for hitting me with a neg! 2 NEGS!

I left him + and simply stated he over graded!

What can I do?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I was hit with a neutral feedback a couple weeks ago because I hadn't sent out tracking information on an item yet. He gave me the neutral feedback the day after he paid. Some ebayers are unbelievable.

I've learned that one really has to "pick their battles", because for us honest users, the retaliatory negs we can get are simply a stain on our records that isn't worth taking unless the stakes are high. My only neg ever comes from a seller who took my check and never sent me a $6 item. I almost wish I hadn't negged him so I could be at 100%.

-Andrew
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I would email him and definitely ask to have both yours and his feedbacks for this transaction rescinded.

• Options
    Just sent this to the seller:

Because of the recent childish negs that you just gave out I will never bid on one of your auctions. Not very good business. Just cost yourself money.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    Looks like this isn't the only time this has happened.

Sellers Beware of this buyer!
    Buyer goblin1960 ( 392)
    no longer a registered user Jun-13-04 14:59 4120613503
    Reply by goblin1960: this seller has a problem with positive feedback beware of rude,stupid,ignorant
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    even more:

Buyer guyfb ( 469) Apr-10-03 14:02 2700568480
    Reply by guyfb: Everyone BEWARE this seller, Gives Retaliatory Feedback on valid complaints Apr-11-03 14:38

Buyer 156nm ( 471) Apr-08-03 19:34 2719372079
    Reply by 156nm: retaliatory bs/didnt like the neutral f/b I left for the poor card he sold me Apr-09-03 15:44
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options

I already submitted the withdraw request. why would this guy do this? 2 negs won't kill me but it is the principal of this all. I did my part as a buyer, I left him + but warned people to expect a little less than he states. Then he hits me. I think I did what a buyer should do and the things they must do. eBay needs to fix the system. Thats just plain stupid that he can hit me like this.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    It is stupid. The worst part is that this guy is a powerseller which people who don't know better think they can trust more than everyday sellers. The feedback system on ebay is so abused and out of whack it is almost worthless. People are afraid to neg for fear of being retaliated against so all but the most serious offenses are known to others in most cases. If everybody was just honest with their feedback then ebay would be a better place and we wouldn't have the skewed sense of reality that this jerk off powerseller actually makes 99.9% of his buyers happy.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    If you want payback, I'd just register a dummy ebay account and snipe about 100 of his auctions. Then let loose with the negs. Do it quick, for Ebay is going to prevent this from happening in the near future. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the worst negs I've ever seen. What a f***ing jerk this seller is.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't worry abou the negs. Agrees with what Vintage Jeff has to say. Further I would email seller and say he is being bashed in various collector message boards.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    At first, I thought it was that you called him "blind" that "pist" him off.
    But, I see that he negs everybody that disagrees with his practices.

I have had some REALLY bad experiences on scambay, but I do not
    leave negs. There are much better ways to get the required satisfaction.
    (Like hurt said, you better hurry.)

All things considered, I have found that there are a lot more horrible
    sellers than there are horrible buyers. Feedback is only an indicator
    of whether or not a buyer/seller is going to act responsibly in the
    transaction.

I think that sellers should only be allowed to neg a buyer for one
    reason: non-payment. I think buyers should only be allowed to
    neg a seller for two reasons: 1) non-delivery 2) item not as
    described. (Buying raw cards on the word/skill of the average
    "power seller" is something I would never do; but if I did, I would
    probably view the buy as a waiver of my right to employ reason #2.)

Cher

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the victims of this seller that Vintage Jeff posted happens to be the #2 set owner in the 1978 Topps baseball registry.
    What an a$$hole this seller is.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I am thinking it might be a mistake, maybe he thought you were someone else, or something. I mean, why leave a neg but the comment is the username? Most negs go into as much detail as possible. You know you can respond to feedback you've received, so I'd put my own notes in there.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Zef not worth it to have these 2 feedbacks recinded. I would though, do as helio has mentioned and follow up. make sure you state in your follow up that you left Pos for this guy and he negs you. Do just one at a time as he I believe can follow up as well.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    See "Powerseller Thread" from about a week ago. Again, powersellers mean nothing, but "I sell a lot", nothing more, even though there are some who feel that it does, the savvy collector knows better.

Also, in regards to the feedback problem on ebay. I recently bought a couple of items, one was a fairly rare Nolan Ryan rack pack insert from 1985 Topps and another was a good mix of coins. On both auctions it stated, "Feedback will be left IN KIND" after you leave feedback. Basically it says that if you neg them for any reason, you will be negged back PERIOD! One of these coincidentally was from a, (Drumroll Please).....Powerseller!

I have since been emailed 2 feedback reminders from EACH one of these guys. I paid by Paypal within 10 minutes of auction ending. I realize that it is only common courtesy, but I feel that if I paid first, then the sellers should leave feeback first as I did what I was supposed to do. The people who do this kind of feedback practice have got to be questionable at best. Either they are complete tools or they regularly sell stuff that many people would find it possible to leave a neg.

When someone buys from me, I leave a positive ASAP after payment is received. If they feel my product is bad and leave a neg., oh well, that is their opinion. Feedback should never be dependant upon what the other person thinks of your product. Some people are a-holes and if they do retaliatory negs they will get it in the end anyway.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    bhl2359bhl2359 Posts: 420
    Get an ID with which you only buy. You never want to let a seller on eBay neg an ID you want to sell on.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef
    This may be a dumb question but why make a neg statement that he overgraded a card (Ex that was sold as Nm) by so much and not either question it - talk to him first - ask for refund - or just neg the guy.

I'm not saying this guy isn't a jerk - I'm wondering about your process/thinking on the matter.

I think you left yourself wide open for this neg? Or did you contact him about his grading? Why take a shot at someone for a few bucks and risk a neg?

Not trying to start an argument - just curious?

mike

edit: seller is a jerk, you didn't deserve the negs BTW. I'm just thinking there's something we can all learn from this episode and in no way am I saying these things to incite Zef.
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone I agree, I left myself wide open but I didn't think anyone would leave negs like this after they got ++ despite what the feedback stated.

I think I may have been just having a bad day when I left his feedback and I was disappointed with the cards and hastily left feedback.

I probably should have just put "card received" I usually think the buyer was not happy with the card when they leave this and I have begun leaving it when I am not happy. This guy is such a vindictive f***er. Reminds me of my mother-in-law but that is a whole other story.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Reminds me of my mother-in-law but that is a whole other story. >>

Mike
  • Options
    This is why you should never leave feedback until the other person does.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Leave a detailed followup if he doesn't want to withdraw the negatives.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

I will do that with the follow-up. I will also start using a different account to buy.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking that too, Stone. I've left a couple of backhanded positives myself, but then figured why bother? The comments eventually fade into bolivia and guys like this presumably petty overgrader essentially just get the positive out of it.

That said, it still sucks that this guy left you negs, zef, and that he didn't leave you the initial feedback in the first place. Unless someone is totally slothful with payment, I leave a positive upon receipt of payment. I know it leaves one open for a neg, but it seems to create an extra bit of goodwill. I'll usually give a seller the benefit of the doubt on an ambivalent to mildly positive transaction and leave him a pos if he's already done it for me.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    I am going through the same thing with another ebay seller, although after I complained in an email he offered a refund. I didn't leave any feedback and neither did he, yet. He'll probably wait until the last day and hit me with a neg.

You didn't deserve those negs, but if you were bidding on one of my auctions or I was buying from your auctions, I would not take those brief comments he left serious.

Good idea about a second ID, I may do that too.
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Isn't the "last-day neg" something of an eBay urban legend? I think eBay's wording makes it sounds like feedback-eligible listings disappear into the ether after 90 days, but it seems like I've seen listings older than that. Maybe they are removed from your feedback queue, but I think they still sometimes show up when searching by item number. I'm not entirely sure about that, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the 90-day rule if one plans on leaving an 11th hour neg to minimize the risk of the retaliatory neg.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    After 90 days, the item number disappears from the feedback queue, so no more feedback can be left.

Finding items after the 90 days does not work. You will get something like "not available." So far, nobody reported a 89th day neg, but I think one should use them.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    ebay says that feedback can be left for up to 90 days, the 89 th day, 23 rd hr 59 minute thingy does not work. There are times when it can be left for more then 90 days too.

many have tried to snipe a neg and as far as I know it has never worked. I think that if you do leave a feedback at the last minute it will prolong the item so the other party can respond.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone should actually step forward who tried this 89th day thing. I keep hearing rumors and assumptions, but not real eye witness testimony. I am sure some have tried it, but they dont come forward.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    zef204, I sent the following to this seller:

"...You left a fellow seller and great ebayer zef204 two negative feedbacks, after he left you two positive feedbacks? What kind of cr@p is that? zef204 is a good seller here on ebay, and doesn't deserve to be treated like that. I strongly suggest that you both mutually agree to remove feedback on those two items. That is fair! zef204 is a regular on the PSA message boards, and his postings are valued by "a ton of us", plus he sells great cards. You do not need this kind of headache, having many dozens of buyers, blackballing your auctions. Do the right thing and mutually agree to remove the 2 feedbacks! By the way, I looked at your auctions, they are great! Sincerely, Bob Dobbs rbdjr1 rbdjr@bellsouth.net..."

I hope it helps?

rbd
  • Options

rbd...

much appreciated!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I won an auction that stated Mint. Card was received and was not mint. I e-mailed the seller to tell him, and left it at that. I did not leave Neg feedback for fear of the same in return. About 30 days later I received a Nuetral that stated, "Seller Beware, Buyer does not leave feedback for completed transactions". It was not a big deal, but always bothered me when I looked at it. I guess it is better than a neg.image
  • Options
    You gotta be kidding me! The seller gave you a neutral for not giving him feedback? I would have then gave him a neg stating that he overgrades his cards and leaves retarded feedback.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Giest it is not rumour nor an assumption on my part. it is a fact.

SD
    Good for you.