Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

The two coins that started it all

This pair if coins were the first ancient and the first medieval coins that I bought, I got both of them in 1986 and they are what got me hooked!

(sorry about the crappy photos)

This was my first ancient Roman coin. It is a Roman AE3 of Constantine the Great from the Antioch Mint, SR-3886

imageimage

I bought this coin a month or two before the Roman coin above, I can remember the amazed feeling I had the first time I held something from the Middle Ages in my hand. This coin is a silver Denaro from Genoa, Italy minted around the mid 1100s.

imageimage
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Cool. How much do you want for the Genoa denar? image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool. How much do you want for the Genoa denar? image

imageimageimage >>

VERY much!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    my first ancient coin--- common ae3 roman coin i sent off for, for a dollar in 1973. MAJOR thrill to hold a 1,500 year old coin. My first medievals: 2 medieval french deniers i bought from joel anderson in 1984. Again, a major thrill, and one that got me hooked onto medievals. With their thin flannels, cross designs and ornate lettering, they just reek of history!