Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Big bucks for Sandy

someday, someday, I'll be able to compete. Until then, I can only dream of this Sandy.
"Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's about as nice as they come Mac

Mine is a 7OC! By today's standards, a bad buy!

But, that will go for some righteous bucks and more than I would ever be able to pay for something.

thanx for the link
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a beauty!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    WOW! That's a beauty!
  • Options
    A beaut indeed. However, are my eyes tricking me or is the L/R centering a bit weak for a 9?

-Andrew
  • Options
    Don't know about the l/r as Im not a pixel counter but that is one VERY nice card!
    Ryan
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offered the seller one of my kidneys for the card - I'm waiting for his response.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice card! I do notice that the bottom green panel does not meet up with the steps. Every 55 Koufax that I have ever seen has that. I wonder if any do not?

Incredible visual balance is what this card is all about! Everything comes together just-right to form a virtually unimprovable MINT 9 gem example of Dodger Hall-of-Famer Sandy Koufax's rookie card. The centering is very nice, all four corners are needle sharp with no frictional wear whatsoever, the borders are exceptionally clean and pure white, the sunshine-yellow background color is bright and vibrant, and the print quality is superb with no distracting marks or lines. All in all, a real beauty!

Everything but registration, so that would lead me to believe that some out there do line up.

SD

legacy sure does find the rare cards huh?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    steps "NEVER" line up with the name/team portion of the card. It was printed that way.

awesome card...period!!!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options

<< <i>Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better >>

Centering for a 9

Definitely falls in that area - just a stunning card!

If it were 50/50 - the card probably woulda got a 10? But either way, then you would have to give up 2 kids!

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I offered the seller one of my kidneys for the card - I'm waiting for his response. >>

Mike
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Stone,

I need a side by side comparision of the Koufax beauty and one of your signature booty girls to really appreciate the Koufax. Can you help a brother out?
  • Options
    Left to Right centering is 56/64. Great looking card!!!

Shannon
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    For some reason I always thought PSA would/should come up with a little bigger slab for the vertical cards? They have big slabs for the 64 giants but nothing for 55,56,60 Topps baseball, 62,68 Topps Hockey,57,85 Topps Football and alot of modern cards that are vertical?
    Is it me or would these cards look soooooooo much better in a slab that houses the cards vertical with the PSA label on the top of the card? A inch or 2 wider vertically and the same horizontally? oh I forgot 55 Bowman,66 Hockey and Football , 80 Basketball.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>I offered the seller one of my kidneys for the card - I'm waiting for his response. >>

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I was looking at the top bidders recent buys and only 3 cards purchased were in the $200-$400 range and now you have $10,000 to throw around? Hard to figure!!
  • Options
    ^ maybe he took TimeMachine's advice and loaded up on GIGA last week image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Here is a cheaper one for you:

Link

I went through and look a most of the 55 Koufax auctions and not one had the green name bar lined up with the stairs. Is there one??

Stingray