Home Sports Talk
Options

Pretty Sick and Peculiar

The Padres are leading the NL West with a .495 winning percentage.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yeah i saw that gemmy. however it has happened at least once before, the 73 mets I think wound up 3 games over 500 and went to the series.

I do not think the WC will be coming from that divison this year.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    I remember. I think it was a strike shortened year and the Mets made their move in September coming from sub .500 thanks to their great pitchers. That was the year the Mets upset the Reds in the NLCS and Pete decked Buddy.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Sick and peculiar?

I thought you were going to say 'despite a $200 million payroll, the yankees struggle to remain above .500!'
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    <eyeroll>
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i><eyeroll> >>

Thanks for your insight as usual WP!
  • Options
    It's getting even more peculiar. The Padres are in first despite their lowly .492 record, and they're a solid 5.5 games ahead of the second place dbacks image

Meanwhile the Nats are at .519 and are in sole possession of the nl east cellar.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Hey Brian, how did you remember my thread from a month ago?
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Brian, how did you remember my thread from a month ago? >>

I have a pretty good memory. I can recall the first 50 digits of pi that I memorized in 3rd grade image
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    There is always a division in MLB that seems to be weak....the way it is set up...and of late it seems to be the old NL West. Hey...the winner gets thier chance in the playoffs, with no hope for runner up's. It's the game. Enjoy!!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...