Home Sports Talk

Inspector Clouseau (aka Spammy) Bad Detective Work

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
Considering I live in Houston, it would be a far reach to say Axtel and I are one in the same.

And before you try to put down Houston sports, I'll just beat you to the punch...

Growing up in Houston and being a sports fan was not the most pleasant experience. From Phi Slamma Jamma, to the Oilers (which includes the biggest choke in NFL playoff history), to the Astros, to the Rockets of the 80's. BUT, things began to turn around in the 90's with back-to-back NBA Championships and 4 WNBA... Eh, skip that...

Yes, it sucked a majority of the time... Last year with the Astros up 3-2 and only needing one road win to make their first World Series appearance hurt. It was a bitter pill to swallow but I got over it rather quickly. You see, I had one of, if not the, greatest sports weekend starting the next day. Went up to Boston, partied that Friday night, saw Game 1 on Saturday, woke up early Sunday to tailgate and then saw the Pats play the Jets, left with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th and headed back to Fenway for Game 2.

You can say all that you want about my home teams... It was rough growing up and seeing my teams fail and fail and fail... I've accepted it but I will still support my teams come rain or shine. When the 'Stros were 15-30, I really didn't mind too much. The beer lines were short and no wait at the pisser. My, how things have changed.

While the Texans haven't been very impressive on the field, I have a blast each and every game. Wake up early for tailgating (it was illegal with the Oilers) and have an awesome time. Regardless of what their record is, I support my teams each and every week.

How are YOUR home teams fairing, Spammy? Eh, skip that considering you don't have ANY. That means no Super Bowls nor any All-Star games (both MLB and NBA) will be visiting your city, EVER.

So to sum it up, Spammy. Nice try and better luck next time CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Hey Axtey (Seattle Town), nowadays it so easy to feign fandom. Just grab a free jpg off the net, make like a Houston fan attending the WS in Fenway Park, and you are all set. How are your Mariners faring?
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Axtey (Seattle Town), nowadays it so easy to feign fandom. Just grab a free jpg off the net, make like a Houston fan attending the WS in Fenway Park, and you are all set. How are your Mariners faring? >>

I assume you are talking to me. Tell you what Spammy... Find those ticket stubs anywhere on the net and I'll never, ever post on this board again. You have my word. And don't forget to provide a link!

Put up or shut up, CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Spammy you really are a drama queen...just like queen george steinbrenner!

No wonder you call the yanks 'your' team...you both think the world revolves around you.

11:14 AM Log off
    11:15 AM Switch ID's

Note to self: Post about Seattle not Houston.
    You are just too good, Clouseau! Make sure you report it to the Mods of this fine forum. People should not have multiple aliases and if they do, should be banned immediately!

Oh yeah and check out my photoshop skills... 56K BEWARE!!!!

They were giving out these neat ticket holders at Game 1 but not Game 2 (which was a commemorative pin). Note the Pats ticket behind the WS tickets.

Why look, it's today's newspaper...

This one looks really hard to photoshop, but I guess somehow I did it.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang, I must be REALLY good : pats back:

Shanty-Town, I am very impressed with your ability to do a Google search on images. Keep up the good work.

<< <i>Shanty-Town, I am very impressed with your ability to do a Google search on images. Keep up the good work. >>

Jeez spam boy you can't win on fact (like the yankees NOT sucking), so you resort to this nonsensical garbage?

'Oh no, the yankees are stinking...uhm what can I do? Oh I know! I'll say that there can't possible be TWO people who find me annoying...they must be the same person!!!'

<< <i>Shanty-Town, I am very impressed with your ability to do a Google search on images. Keep up the good work. >>

As I said, find me those stubs ANYWHERE on the net (with a link) and I will NEVER, EVER post on these boards again.

Bring it on, Chump.... Or are you writing checks that your mouth can't cash?

<< <i>stown >>

Gee, that looks so familiar.. Oh yeah, that's right, just another unoriginal spam from Spammy.

Yawn.
    Spammy....all of us are waiting for you to produce these magical google search results.

I mean when you can't find it (you won't), you attempt to try to change the topic by copying someone who had an original thought?

Come on spammy....it's not that hard to find those images, right?!