Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Leaving the National

Well its Saturday AM, show opens in an hour. I just plan on meeting Stump and hopefully I'll run into Funky Frank. I did buy 3 cards. 2 graded, 1 raw. The raw card is a 1969 Tom Satriano thats probrably a PSA 7, but for a buck, I bought it. The graded ones are 1969 PSA 8 Hank Aaron (very well centered) and a 1969 PSA 8 Tom Seaver, (also well centered). Otherwise, not much else interested me and this will probrably be my last National for awhile. With food and booze, hotel, and air, it doesnt make sense. So I basically spent $1200, for an Aaron and Seaver in 8. $600 apiece not too shabby! (lol)

Comments

• Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Sorry you didn't find more stuff. I got home at 12:30 this morning after a 6 hr drive and 2 1/2 days in Chicago. I came home with about 200 cards for my sets and to grade. I worked every moment I was there, but wanted to make sure it was worth it!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hey if you had some fun there, and met up with a few of the guys then in my opinion it was well worth it.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Bob

Me and the Mrs missed you. We looked after we played a little phone tag but couldn't find you. Went with 10K and came back with 8k. Bought a few graded for the 300 greatest set. Found no 69's except a Drysdale 9 at Andy Madec's table but ended up passing on it. Bought the following.

60 Fleer Ted Williams #72 PSA 8
    59 Sparkey Rookie PSA 8
    79 Molitor PSA 9
    T205 Chance PSA 5
    74 Aaron #1 PSA 8
    76 Aaron PSA 8 #550

ALso bought some for my raw sets 58,59,62,66, and 70. Hey you wouldn't have a 591 in 66 topps its the last card I need. Anyway sorry I missed you I would have liked to have sat and talked 69's for a few. Al in all it was a ok show with very little high grade raw.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com