Home Sports Talk
Options

The Angels own the Yankees.

Yes, indeedy. Hopefully the post season will be different.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    It should be. The Yanks will be playing lots of golf then.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    That was a great bounce back game for the Angels! after the 4 game loosing skid and the 18 inning heart breaker last night I was happy to see the Yanks on the schedule for today!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The Angels are your daddy Yankeeland......

It is strange how the Yankees keep getting b**ch slapped by a happy go lucky team.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Happy go lucky? They are arguably the most potent team in the AL.

See spammy, that's what happens when they have to play some quality teams...oh wait, the yanks can't beat the d'rays either!

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<< Happy go lucky? They are arguably the most potent team in the AL.>>

Maybe in your noggin after you have taken some mind altering drugs.

Axtey, I distinctly remember you saying that the Yankees only beat terrible teams. Now which is it?
  • Options

<< <i><< Happy go lucky? They are arguably the most potent team in the AL.>>

Maybe in your noggin after you have taken some mind altering drugs.

Axtey, I distinctly remember you saying that the Yankees only beat terrible teams. Now which is it? >>

They do only beat terrible teams consistently. (well except the D'rays...Sweet Lou OWNS you!)

What's the yankees record vs. the Angels this year? The last 2 years?

• Options

Eat crow, Axtey, eat crow!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Eat crow, Axtey, eat crow!!!! >>

Eat crow?

ANSWER ME. Quit hiding and trying to avoid the tough question. Why is it so hard for you to admit the Angels are a better team with a better record than 'your' vaunted yankees?

What's the yankees record vs. the angels this year (and no, don't say they have won the last 2 games.)

I want you to admit the angels still OWN the yanks.
  • Options
    I didn't watch it, but didn't Mariano Rivera blow the game?
  • Options
    Randy Johnson got shelled (again):

7 innings, 6 (!!!) ER, and 2 HR (again!)

• Options
    Wow - he has certainly not been the dominating pitcher they thought he would be. I don't ever remember teams smacking him around like that, in almost every start. Maybe his age is finally catching up with him.
  • Options

<< I didn't watch it, but didn't Mariano Rivera blow the game?>>

It was not a save situation. Mariano pitched 2 innings and gave up 1 run in the 10th on two bloop hits, one being a broken bat single, and the other a soft hit ball that Sheffield misplayed which allowed speedy Figgins to go to 3rd for a "triple"

ctsoxfan, now with that said, who would you rather have on your team Mariano or a healthy Foulke?
  • Options
    Spammy, again you dodge the question, you sure are slimy.

Why don't you tell me what the angels record vs. the yanks are this year, and the last 2 years?
  • Options

<< <i>ctsoxfan, now with that said, who would you rather have on your team Mariano or a healthy Foulke? >>

I'd rather have Foulke, so we can keep Rivera on the Yankees - this way, the Sox are guaranteed to win those close Sox / NY games!

But, seriously, Rivera is a dominating closer. We all know that - but Foulke had better be back to his old self after he comes off the DL, so we can get Schilling back to the rotation.
  • Options
    << Spammy, again you dodge the question, you sure are slimy.>>

Eh, dodge the question you say? Who started the freaking thread? A team's win is only as good as their last win. The Angels are on notice from the Gem Man and the Yankees.

And speaking of dodging questions:

<<Tino still has 16 Home Runs and has been playing with a hurt ankle. Now with that said, other than Sexson, how many Homers does #2 have on the 45-58 Mariners? And how is that Beltre fella faring these days in the Space Needle City?>>
  • Options
    Again you dodge...you sure you aren't a politician in real life?

And yes, let's just look at home runs, since that's the only measure of a good hitter. Moron.

• Options

<< <i><< I didn't watch it, but didn't Mariano Rivera blow the game?>>

It was not a save situation. Mariano pitched 2 innings and gave up 1 run in the 10th on two bloop hits, one being a broken bat single, and the other a soft hit ball that Sheffield misplayed which allowed speedy Figgins to go to 3rd for a "triple"

ctsoxfan, now with that said, who would you rather have on your team Mariano or a healthy Foulke? >>

And it's funny, but you fail to mention the only reason the yanks score that run in the 10th is because of an error? But you are more than ready to explain away riviera's performance on luck and broken bat singles.

• Options

The Angels had a lot of errors today. It's part of the game. Anybody discussing or arguing about this game should be aware of it.
  • Options

<< <i>The Angels had a lot of errors today. It's part of the game. Anybody discussing or arguing about this game should be aware of it. >>

Well I am sure you are acutely aware of it as your current man-crush Cano has a load of em!

And errors are part of the game? Uhm, since when? You're trying to say that teams should be counting on errors?

You call yourself informed?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    yes errors are part of the game. It goes w/o saying that teams do not count on them.

Steve

and you called him the moron?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    The Angels own the Yankees.

The only team with a winning record over the evil empire in the past decade

-----> Yankees image <----- Angels
  • Options
    Nice pull...looks like some things never change.

• Options
    I agree things never change, you're still a moron..

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    <<I agree things never change, you're still a moron..>>

Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options

<< <i>I agree things never change, you're still a moron..

Steve >>

Hmm and you bring nothing of worth to the sports forum, only hate and spite.

Why don't you just go away you troll?
  • Options
    just trying to balance the hate and spite that you start. I guess the truth hurts huh hole?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>just trying to balance the hate and spite that you start. I guess the truth hurts huh hole?

Steve >>

The only truth is that you have no insight to add to the sports forum, all you want to do is argue with me, and nitpick points. It must suck to live a life as empty as yours.

Why do you hate your life so much?

To quote you: LOL
  • Options
    Only hate I have is for people like you Hole.

Life is great where I be.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I read that the ANGELS are the only team with a winning record....that's winning, not whinning against the Yankees over the last 100+ games...believe the record was 55 wins 53 losses starting the season....I don't follow either team but remember reading this somewhere prior to the start of the season. When you consider some of their great rivalries its really an accomplishment for the Angels no matter what is being exchanged on this thread...give them their due, they are the only one's with the winning record....not my team (Indians), not the Sox (either one), not the A's, not even the Yankees other problem team the D-RAYS.....
  • Options
    I wonder what the mariner record versus the Yanks is?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

not even the Yankees other problem team the D-RAYS

True the D Rays gave a Yankees a hard time last year until the end of the season when the Yankees started beating them like they should. I think the Yankees season record against the D Rays was 9-10. Before last season the Yankees owned them. By the way the D Rays also gave the Red Sox a hard time.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder what the mariner record versus the Yanks is?

Steve >>

And who is YOUR team you dim wit?

Do you even have a team, or are you just a typical board troll?

Yeah, troll, that's what I thought...you are beyond pathetic.
  • Options
    You are a fool HOLE ..........can't answer another question?

Troll? lol I'm not the one with an alt ID.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Jeese for someone who boldy stated that he was "done with me" you keep PM'ng me and posting here to me.

Man crush indeed.

Saturday April 08, 2006 1:25 PM (NEW!)

Ok WP I am done with you...

-------------------------------------------

Are you really?

or is it that you lack self control?

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Win, Ax PM's you? You must be special. I am jealous image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240