Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A Birthday Present For My Son

My son is 26 and just got married, so he doesn't have a pot to p#ss in, so to speak. He collects Russian 10 kopek pieces. His budget has only allowed him to buy coins from the late 19th and the 20th century. I thought this one might expand his horizons a little (technically it is a grivennick = ten kopeks). Think he'll like it? image

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

Comments

• Options
    nice gift "Dad"!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. I also bought him the book "The Copper Coinage Of Imperial Russia" by B. F. Brekke (1977). What a great book! It gives the full rundown and more on Russian coppers from 1700 to 1917.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    Good Job Buddy, Good JOB!!!image
    100% DAV, Been There and Done That!
    166 BHDs & 154 Die Varieties & Die States...
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • Options
    A sweet coin. I am sure your son will like it. You are such a great father.image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin and he'd be a very ungrateful son not to love it! If he doesn't, you can adopt me!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Kewl... Can I adobt you as my Dad......image
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    If he doesn't like it, I do!!!
    Shep
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kewl... Can I adobt you as my Dad...... >>

Rob, my birthday is coming up, image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'