Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Paypal spoof almost got me MUST READ!

By background in sales makes me not too easy to fool. Latest emails says "your paypal account is in danger of suspension". I freaked out, then came to my senses. They still didn't address me by name..

Comments

• Options
    I got the same email about a week ago, asked the people on here and they said to delete. I almost got me too, Though I didn't click on anything, lol.
    Ryan
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Mine is worse. I got an email from "Paypal" saying that someone from England sent me 18 pounds! To get my funds, all I had to do was login my name and password!!! Obviously, the link was bogus.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I got 3 spoofs today! Unreal! I like to fill them out with fake info. The name I usually use is F**k Y*u and go on from there. I even give them a fake credit card # because they are probably foaming at the mouth when they see that 16 digit code come across the wire.

On mine they even asked for my pin#. Please report all these spoofs to eBay and Paypal.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    When you follow the link and give fake info to mess with their heads, you risk downloading viruses / cookies / spyware that can give your PC a severe headache.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Good tip jr...I didn't think of that. I usually just click on it instinctively but I will have to curtail my resposes.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    forward every one of them to:

spoof@ebay.com
    spoof@paypal.com

Geordie
  • Options

<< <i>Mine is worse. I got an email from "Paypal" saying that someone from England sent me 18 pounds! To get my funds, all I had to do was login my name and password!!! Obviously, the link was bogus. >>

Got that kind of spoof long time ago. Like I got cash for $350 something from a buyer and even put an ebay item# and have to login to get $$. When I check that ebay item# directly at ebay site, the auction's still going.

I been using a different paypal email address from my ebay acct. for 2 years now and so far no spoof. I get paypal and ebay spoof on my email address used for ebay (this email address was never linked to paypal).

RIP Snow
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The best thing anyone can do is never click through to paypal from a link in an email, and do it directly by typing in the address in your web browser. Just wish that everyone had this information, there must be a lot of people who fall for it, though image
  • Options
    any REAL paypal or ebay email will now apear in MY EBAY in my messages.
  • Options
    I don't think the PayPal messages go there. I received a message from paypal using my name and the last four digits of a cc card on file with them that was expiring. I received this threw my normal e-mail not e-bay. I closed the e-mail logged on to PayPal the normal way ant the e-mail was accurate.