Home Sports Talk
Options

Mets close to getting Manny

Manny

I would do that deal in a heartbeat if i was NY depending on how many prospects Mets have to give up

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    our 2 bluechip guys milledge and petit! why they do this if we are 4 games behind stros after tonite doesnt make sense?

but hey manny and the mets im all for it. we also get baez from drays in deal!
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    How about Manny AND Soriano lol
  • Options
    I'd like to see it happen but if he is "reportedly unhappy with his lack of privacy in Boston", how will he like it in the Big Apple??
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Supposedly he's been trying to get out of Boston for a couple years. I believe the whole privacy thing is just another ploy he's trying .

He's from the Bronx and im sure his first choice would be the Yanks but im sure he'll settle with the Mets
  • Options
    pedro helps ease him to the mets. i dont think its gonna happen though.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    It's not happening - he's not going anywhere. Besides, if all we could get for him is Aubrey Huff and Cameron, that would be pretty sad.

• Options
    the 3 teams set a 12 noon deadline tomorow to have this done. if its not done by then it isnt happening. just reported on espn. love to see the mets pull petit out of the deal and send heilman instead.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<<love to see the mets pull petit out of the deal>>

Do you mean Andy Pettitte? Where does he come in? I haven't heard any rumors about Andy.
  • Options
    no mets double a pitcher yushirmo petit spelling off! but he is our next big pitcher thats ready.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It would be great if the mets could get him, I just do not see it happening. hope so though.

SD
    Good for you.