Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Got a new coin from Roman Britain this week

This is a reduced Follis of Constantine the Great with a "PLN" (London) mintmark. Looks a little better in hand than my photo would suggest.

imageimage
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• bosoxbosox Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Ah, and it has SOL on the reverse too image

Take Care
    Ben
    100% DAV, Been There and Done That!
    166 BHDs & 154 Die Varieties & Die States...
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Cool British coin, Your Deadness!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice - tough to find the London ones...
  • Aethelred, very cool. I would like to add a few myself but I want to stick with silver coins.
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Aethelred, very cool. I would like to add a few myself but I want to stick with silver coins. >>

I don't think (and I could very well be wrong) that there were any silver coins minted at the Roman mint in London.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Aethelred, I sure hope you're wrong. Text
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to go back and check on that Brett. I was thinking as I wrote the above "you are going to make yourself look like a fool again" which is why I added the "I may be wrong" part.image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Very Cool coin!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Nice, but Constantine looks a little green around the gills.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

• << <i>I'll have to go back and check on that Brett. I was thinking as I wrote the above "you are going to make yourself look like a fool again" which is why I added the "I may be wrong" part.image >>

Michael, personally I have nothing but respect for you. When I need advice you
    are one of the first people I come to.image