Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Trading with Board Members?

This issue has come up with another board member and I. When trading with someone or trying to work out a deal how long should one wait for a response back from a board member. I am currently trying to sell some 67s and had a member say they would take them for said price. They said they would send a check several days ago. I have PM them and not heard to see if they had sent check. I would like to take the cards with me to the National if they are not going through with deal, that is fine. I would just like a response. Opinions please.

Edit: Actually the last time I corresponded with this person was on 7-25 and they said they would send check, I was just checking to see if they sent check and have not heard back. I just wondered if not getting a reply for 3-4 days is being picky on my part.

Stingray

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I would say to go ahead and deal them elsewhere. If you have tried to contact them and they have not replied, I don't think you are obligated to trade/sell to them. Nationals is a good opportunity to just let go because of someone else's doings. JMO and good luck at Nationals.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Tough question indeed.

Personally, over a week or so and no response and Nationals here this weekend, this is no normal circumstance my friend.

I would take them w/ me if I were you.

Have fun this weekend and don't spend all your $$$$ in 1 booth. image

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I have had several dealings with other members here and whenever we were putting a deal together the communication was within hours at a minumum, if its been several days, take them and sell them, I know if someone had something I wanted and offered it to me I would move on it right away. I would not expect them to hold on to it for days before I got back to them.

good luck at the show.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I'm the "other party" in question. I'm relatively new to the board so apologies if I have breached any unwritten etiquette. I thought that PMs forwarded to one's regular email so I hadn't been checking every day.

Stingray - I sent you the check on Wednesday so you should have it today or tomorrow.

A little slack for the newbie? :-)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't get notice or a check within 24 hrs., I send out the dogs!

Sting
    I hope you have a good time at the show!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    No problem Moosehead, I just wanted to make sure that you were still wanting them. I just did not want to loose a chance to have them with me for the National. Cards will be on there way soon.

Stingray
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

And fun was had by everyoneimage
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    ..and the wine was delicious! Mmmm it does go well with the chicken.
  • Options
    I always thought that some cheese went well with wine (sorry if this was taken as a wine fest).

Stingray
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm the "other party" in question. I'm relatively new to the board so apologies if I have breached any unwritten etiquette. I thought that PMs forwarded to one's regular email so I hadn't been checking every day.

Stingray - I sent you the check on Wednesday so you should have it today or tomorrow.

A little slack for the newbie? :-) >>

The Trade Nazi says "No slack for you!!!" image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm the "other party" in question. I'm relatively new to the board so apologies if I have breached any unwritten etiquette. I thought that PMs forwarded to one's regular email so I hadn't been checking every day.

A little slack for the newbie? :-) >>

The Trade Nazi says "No slack for you!!!" image >>

Mike
  • Options

That will be $3.00 extra!

Stingray
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805

<< <i>I send out the dogs! >>

Me, too.
    imageimage
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    Ok, I have another issue (whine). Made a trade with someone a while back, this person forgot to send one of the cards he was suppose to send with his group. Got a PM from him on July 18th that he would ship it out on the 19th. Still no card as of today. I live in Michigan he lives on the East coast, should it take this long if shipped on the 19th for regular mail?

Stingray
  • Options
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    SoPhilly - good one!
  • Options
    All in fun.

We have a good time here.

Many of us have traded or sold cards to each other. Wish you continued good luck in your collecting efforts.

Keith