Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show your favorite ticket stub

If you have one!

Okay i got these in the mail just the other day. I got lucky and picked the perfect games to go to this year and also added on to my collection. Now i need to find some sturdy top loaders to avoid creasing and possible beer and sweat stains!

I bought this stub on the Bay awhile back and got it really cheap. I'd like to think it's pretty rare and his signature has changed a little since then.

I'm about due for a submission. I don't collect much ticket stubs but i do keep everyone from every sporting event i've been too.

Ben

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Those are pretty nifty tickets. This one was given to me by a board member. It's a "phantom" 1965 World Series ticket printed by or for the Cincinnati Reds, who were still contenders late in the season. They never quite got there, but tickets were already printed for Series home games at the old Crosley Field. $8 to go to a World Series game back then! Anybody know if PSA grades phantom tickets?

• Options
    does a ticket to the ferris wheel at the fair count?
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    I'm not one to save stubs from sports events I go to, but I do have one from a cool game I went to, which I will show if I can ever find it.

Until then, here is one of my favorite tickets (not a stub) to a game I DID NOT go to. I've always wanted to find a game program to go a long with it, but no luck. I can't even find out what the score was, or even IF the game was ever played. I like graphics though.

Football collector 1948-1995, Rams oddball cards & memorabilia, Diamond match.
    Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05
  • Options

<< <i> Anybody know if PSA grades phantom tickets? >>

I thought I read somewhere they DO NOT grade phantom tickets. Too bad, they're cool! I love "phantom" items, but I always wonder "how did they get out?" I'v got some neat phantom World Series patches from 1991, proclaiming the Braves as "World Series Champions".
    Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05
  • Options
    Here are a few of my favorites:

1971 Opening day at Veteran's Stadium

1976 Flyers vs Red Army

1976 Stanley Cup Finals - Game Three - Flyer vs Canadiens - signed by Jean Beliveau

Great Memories.................

• Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    This one always gives me a laugh....Drew Tate's a Jack*ff
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I do not know if i can scan them but i was at the last two perfect games thrown at yankee stadium. the kids were small and we had the sunday plan. both were thrown on a sunday so luckily we were at both of them.

I of course kept the tickets and parking pass. the wells game was also a give away game in which they gave away beanie baby valentino and a card. an oriental woman was to meet 2 friends there and they never showed. I kept score for her and for that she gave me 1 of her unused tickets. I have the tickets, the cards and the parking pass framed. for the cone game it was yogi berra day and I brought 2 other kids and there dad. it was the kids first game ever. I of course allowed them to keep their tickets so I only have 1 for that game. not sure if i kept the parking pass.

I was also at jim Abbotts No no (we had billy joel's seats) and the game in which pedro K'd 18 yanks i believe and after allowing a hit (or a walk) in the first inning retired all the rest in order.

I have been lucky.

SDimage
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not an oldie at all - my stub from last year's game 7 at Yankee stadium is my favorite. Watched my Red Sox lose game 7 there the year before (Aaron "bleepin" Boone!), 24 hours after watching my adopted team, the Cubs, blow game 7 at wrigley.

I actually was not too worried about whether the Sox would win the World Series, as I was already self-actualized.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

This was the one game playoff that got the Cubs into the playoffs in that magical 1998 season of Sammy and Big Mac.

The best $8.00 I ever spent. Ever.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Still can't find the stub, but i managed to find rather smallish scan of the stub and program.

If it's too small to read, it's for game 1 of the 1988 W.S. (Kirk Gibson homer). It is the onoy W.S. game I've ever been to, and I almost missed out. Luckily, my brother was too lazy to answer the phone at work, so the guy on the other end offered me the extra ticket.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have made my day!

I have never seen this good a response to a collectible thread that didn't include cards.

You guys have some really cool stuff!

Some great auto ticks and memorable items relevant to some great games!

Thanx for taking the time to share!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Ben
    That Oz auto tick when he was with the Padres is off the chart!!!

thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Fun topic!!! This one is easy for me.

After getting to sit in the stadium and watch your team get pounded on game after game, year after year, this made up for them all. By a ton!!!!

I don't see another ticket stub getting close to this one the rest of my life. To steal zef's line, this was the best $xxxx.00 I ever spent. Ever. image

Derek
  • Options
  • Options
    One of my favorite pairs:

Since long gone, the Ebbets ticks are far more fun to find.

thanx for viewing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Derek

Is that your stub? That is, did you get to go to the game? I would like to have seen the game in person! I'm a Raider fan but it was definitely Tampa Bay's year!

Great item!

mike
    Mike
  • Options

Another of my favs...Opening night at new Soldier Field. I was back into cards at this point so and they handed out ticket-savers to put around your neck to keep it clean and straight. It sat in that thing until I just scanned it. It was a good night although it looked like a spaceship had landed inside the old Soldier Field.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Mike,

Sure is. I got to experience that one in person in a great seat in the upper, upper deck corner. It was a great time. I'm glad I went. I'd still be kicking myself if I'd missed the Bucs winning the Super Bowl. Once in a lifetime thing.

Happy to get a 7 on it. I'm sure the ticket broker wasn't worried about the PSA grade and the ticket taker(ripper) wasn't either. Lesson #1, pre-tear you ticket or real close to it. It got the ride the game out in the middle pages of the program since they already sold out of those plastic ticket holder. Lesson #2, bring your Card Saver V with you.

Glad you liked it.

Derek
  • Options
    I can't seem to post pics as they are too big and the site rejects them. Have a ticket for a Braves game, at Atlanta, on July 5 or 6 of 1986. Bob Horner hit 4 home runs during this game against Montreal. It was played on a Sunday afternoon and was hot as the dickens. In 1987 Fleer put out a card honoring his accomplishment. Still have the ticket stub and it's in a plastic holder with the 87 Fleer card.

Please forgive me for going against the nature of this thread and not posting a picture, just thought it was worth a mention.
    "Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  • Options
    Nice tix moss.

I like the way u put it with that card too

try and scan your ticket at 72.dpi

if that still does not work scan it and save it to a spot in the registry if you have one. pics from there can be posted here even up to 150 dpi.

good luck

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Hey Steve
    Do you still have the beanie baby from the game?

You are very lucky to have gone to two great games like that!

I have never been to a great game, WS or otherwise. image

thanx for taking the time to scan
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Hi Mike

yes I have 2 of them they were given away to kids 14 and under.

they look just like the regular issue valentino.

would have been nice had they dressed him up in pinstripes.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I had to do this - I have programs also and I wanted to show the oldest Full program from a WS that I own:

Not in the best shape but all there.

And my oldest WS Scorecard book:

I really like this stuff!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Derek!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that, I have been a lifetime Bucs fan and that was the greatest day in all of sports! Would you ever part with that? I
    promise I will return the favor the next time the raiders win a super bowl......what do you need for it??

Kevin
  • Options
    Nice item Mike.

my oldest WS program is 1952 found in (of all places an attic) has the dodgers/yanks it is in new condition still. also found in that same attic was some college football prograqms harvard/yale and columbia/yale. also time man of the yr 1956 i think. stuff can be found in attics and cellars still.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice item Mike.

my oldest WS program is 1952 found in (of all places an attic) has the dodgers/yanks it is in new condition still. also found in that same attic was some college football prograqms harvard/yale and columbia/yale. also time man of the yr 1956 i think. stuff can be found in attics and cellars still.

steve >>

I wish I had an attic to climb up into and find cool stuff! The only thing you'll find in mine is rat sh!t!

And this is the last thing related to the games: Boston Fans will like this one!!!!

An official batting order signed by Lou Boudreau and has Teddygame batting 3rd!

Is baseball great or what?

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I promise I will return the favor the next time the raiders win a super bowl >>

Mike
  • Options
    Hey Kevin,

I'm a big Bucs fan too. I have to agree, that was the greatest day ever in sports!!!! image It is definitely on the no sale list. It's one of my favorite things I own!!!! There have been a few on ebay lately or www.chicagotix.com has a good selection, including PSA tickets.

Do you live in Tampa? Do you go to the games?

Derek
  • Options
    Derek
    I went to high school in Tampa - Chamberlain HS - go Chiefs!

Kevin's not allowed to live in Tampa!image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    "Go crazy folks, go crazy!" I remember this moment like it was yesterday. Sitting in the lazy boy at Grandma's house while waiting to eat dinner. I believe this was Ozzie's first left-handed homerun ever.
    I also recently purchased two unused tickets from what I believed to be Kirk Gibson's double clutch homerun. When I got the tickets, I realized that they were from 1988 NLCS Game 1, not 1988 WS Game 1.
    "I don't believe what I just saw."
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Awesome stuff fellas! Didn't expect to get this many replies.

Saw a few programs so i thought i'd chip in. Red Sox fans might like. Young and clean cut!

• Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Might be low grades but I just wanted to perserve them since they are my personal tickets.

Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'm a big Roger Clemens fan. In order from top > down.

1. Red Sox vs Mariners, Clemens breaks record for K's in a 9 inning game with 20.
    2. Red Sox vs Tigers, Clemens ties his record with another 20 K game.
    3. Blue Jays vs Devil Rays, Clemens breaks 3000K mark.
    4. Yankees vs Cardinals, Clemens wins 300th game and breaks 4000K mark.

• Options
    Brian
    Did you go to any of those games? Would be cool.

Creeper
    Nice tick! I have never gone to a WS game - to save the tick makes it all the more special.

thanx for sharing guys
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Nah. I wish. I was in the service from that entire span so I could only watch it on TV. I do have the 300th win game on video though.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Nice topic. Very fun seeing all of the great tickets stubs. I have one for you from one of the greatest O's games I ever went to (and I have been going since 1972:>}). One of the players had a little extra time this evening to run out along the warning track and shake my hand.

Ken
  • Options
    Ken
    Who was the player? Was that the game that Cal didn't play and ended his streak?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    My favorite...signed by Len Barker author of a perfect Game on 5/15/81:

Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Super tic Frank!

Do you have the book? I didn't remember this one - found a nice web page on perfect games.

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

That's correct. I only went to a couple of games that season, but I just happened to pick the one where Cal broke the streak. When the announcement came over the loudspeaker that Cal had been scratched from the starting lineup, a hush fell over the stadium and people couldn't believe it. Then he came out of the dugout for a standing ovation and ran around the field along the warning track to shake as many hands as he could. The man was always a class act. I had actually bought a big group of tickets for that game to take all my friends and like 7 of them didn't show up. So I put away 1 ticket and sold the rest for about $75-100 a piece to help finance other parts of my collection:>}.

Ken
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    This is a easy one for me. Whenever I look at this stub it brings back a gazillion different memories. After being upset by the Dodgers the year before, nothing less than a natural disaster was going to stop the A's this time around. Never at any point did the Giants hold a lead during the entire series.

A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    My favorite ticket is always the one to my next ballgame!!

Will I be able to meet anyone there?!

hh
  • Options
    here are my fav tickets...

one is from the 1957 World Series...the other is from the game greg maddux won his 300th game

• Options
    I have have Four tickets in my collection.

1. A ticket from an early 1900's baseball game (FULL ticket)
    2. A ticket from Cal Ripken, Jr.'s 3,000 hit game
    3. A ticket stub from the 1948 World Series
    4. A ticket Stub from the 1954 World Series

best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine
    Adam J. Moraine
  • Options

<< <i>I have have Four tickets in my collection.

1. A ticket from an early 1900's baseball game (FULL ticket)
    2. A ticket from Cal Ripken, Jr.'s 3,000 hit game
    3. A ticket stub from the 1948 World Series
    4. A ticket Stub from the 1954 World Series

best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine >>

Adam
    A lot of us here are visually oriented. How about a scan of the early 1900s ticket when you have the time.

thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    effeeffe Posts: 190 ✭✭
  • Options
    pomobileclkpomobileclk Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    These are my favorite stubs. The top 2 are from 1973, from the last game at the old Yankee Stadium against the Tigers before the renovation. Why it's my favorite is because after the game was over, everyone in the stands ran onto the field. My father,brother and I made our way from the upper deck to the box seats and walked on the field too and I got to stand in centerfield just like Mickey Mantle and my favorite player at the time, Bobby Murcer. What a feeling standing in centerfield and looking in at home plate. Yankee Stadium looked huge. The bottom stub is from the first game after the renovation.image
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I'm late to the party, but this thread got me thinking about my early days collecting in the 1970s. I collected pretty much anything on baseball and amassed quite a few ticket stubs. This was back in the day when there were some great guys collecting ticket stubs, Glenn Matthesen in NY and CL Whittle in Georgia where two trading partners that come to mind. We"d basically send each other an envelope full of ticket stubs and get another in return.

As I got older it got harder and harder to collect, other interests got in the way, and the memorabilia explosion made it pretty much unaffordable for me. My collection has saved me more than once when money was tight. Although I did sell off some really nice items, I tried for the most part to get rid of lesser items. This thread prompted me to go through my tickets and see what I had left. Sorry to take up the bandwidth but I figured if anyone would appreciate this stuff it would be you guys and gals on the Board:

Left side, top to bottom

1962 Mets first year regular season
    1968 Oakland A's first game in Oakland
    1969 Seattle Pilots first and only year regular season
    1975 World Series Fisk Homer
    1958 SF Giants first game on West Coast

Right Side, top to bottom

1954 World Series Game 1 Mays' Catch
    1962 World Series Game 7 Giants come 6 inches from winning the World Series
    1969 World Series Game 5 Amazing Mets win the World Series
    1960 Opening Game Candlestick Park former home of the SF Giants