Home Autographs Forum
Options

Anyone seen a hologram on a football like this???

Its on a Staubach signed football. I posted it in another forum but I thought I'd post here also.Maybe find out more and possibly a certicate replacement.If I cant find out anything then I guess its off to PSA it goes. Thanks,JR

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Its on a Staubach signed football. I posted it in another forum but I thought I'd post here also.Maybe find out more and possibly a certicate replacement.If I cant find out anything then I guess its off to PSA it goes. Thanks,JR

image >>

Hi,
    I have not seen one of those before but I do not collect sports as the overwhelming majority of material is forged - often with crushed paint pens which obscure all detail by bleeding into themselves. Maybe another sports collector can ID the sticker. However, the sticker, unless it leads to a cert with a photo of your exact ball, is absolutley meaningless - to me at least. Assuming it is a "genuine" hologram from a "service" it could have been removed and restuck to anything. I looked online and found a LOT of stuff signed by him (apparently) and all had similar oval stickers. I would focus on the only thing that matters when you resell (to a collector anyway) - the signature. Like in coins - the coin, not the holder image

This online shop has a signed ball with a hologram not unlike yours. It is a shame to see crushed paint pens used though image they can and often do flake, fade and peel - especially on a ball. A quick check reveals a lot of those online at different dealers - he must be signing everything in sight - many with this or a similar hologram. All around $399. In the guides I have that list him a signed ball lists for around $150 - but as I said, sports is not my thing. The signatures I looked at quickly all appear to display differences with yours - but I don't know if any of them are genuine. You need to find some known authentic exemplars of his autograph on a ball from this period - (sometime after paint pens were introduced).

Best,
    billy image
  • Options
    UDY sticker sounds to me like an upper deck product. Not sure.
  • Options
    Yes.Its UpperDeck. I was contacted by Mr. Rivkin at Upper Deck Authenticated/CSR and he says its an original UD holo. Also said theyd re-hologram it for me and include a new matching COA for $20. Thanks for all the help guys. JR