Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

anyone seen those saint gaudens designs on liberian gold coins?

I was surfing one day (forget it, I will NEVER get a life) and discovered these awesome-looking $100 Liberian coins with various Saint Gaudens designs on them, including an alternative design for the $20! I thought about picking that particular item up but don't know its true value. The website is www.panda-america.com.

Anyone know of these items?

Danke,
Andrew
you can check out of coins anytime you like...but can you really leave?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I was surfing one day (forget it, I will NEVER get a life) and discovered these awesome-looking $100 Liberian coins with various Saint Gaudens designs on them, including an alternative design for the $20! I thought about picking that particular item up but don't know its true value. The website is www.panda-america.com.

Anyone know of these items?

Danke,
    Andrew >>

Panda-america? that comes up as a Japanese Digital Photograpy/Software site.

Bitte Schon
    Ben
    100% DAV, Been There and Done That!
    166 BHDs & 154 Die Varieties & Die States...
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • Options
    Es tut mir leid, Danegeld.

Dieses ist richtig: www.pandaamerica.com

Danke wieder,
    andrew
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Linkified St.G

For that price I would get an AU-58 real one of eachimage
  • Options
    Mein Deutsch ist schlecht, aber ich erinnere mich einiges.

Probably an unauthorized copy by the Liberian government. $10 or $20 who knows?

Take Care
    Ben
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Es überrascht mich, dass hier so viele Deutschsprachige Mitglieder anzutreffen sind! image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was stationed at Ramstein AFB from 1985-1987 and lived in Ramstein Village. Basically I learned bar-room German. Ein Bier Bitte image

Take Care
    Ben
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • Options
    Hi,

I just completed my 3 year Gold Euro Vatican set of PPII. I am heading to Budapest on Sunday and the dealer is in Kulmbach...ever been there? I did a search and, surprise! There is a famous brewery there...in Deutschland, go figure! I picked up the 2004 for 910 euros (about 1100 US). They are a hot commodity. I bought the 2002 set for 2000€ ($2500) and the 2003 for 950€ ($1150). The last sets on ebay went for 2300€ and 820€, respectively.

I too am 100% permanent and total, life member DAV, USN 1981-1985. Two ships, two years of sea duty, mostly deployed in Asia. Never saw Europe until I started singing in 1999. I came to Rome to play and sing with the Rome Festival and it was kind of a dud for me. So I am off to Budapest to hopefully sell my bass clarinet to a guy up there...need to pay off these credit cards. When I get back to the States I will sell a coin or two to get a new horn if that is what is intended.

Thanks agian for your interest,
    andrew
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "Es überrascht mich, dass hier so viele Deutschsprachige Mitglieder anzutreffen sind!" --Udo

Sie sollten nicht so tun als ob Sie erstaunt waeren, wir sind auch gebildete Menschen!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭

<< <i>"Es überrascht mich, dass hier so viele Deutschsprachige Mitglieder anzutreffen sind!" --Udo

Sie sollten nicht so tun als ob Sie erstaunt waeren, wir sind auch gebildete Menschen!!

imageimageimage >>

Selbstverständlich, ich habe nichts Gegenteiliges behauptet. image Ich bin im positiven Sinne überrascht und freue mich einfach, hier auch deutsche Worte zu lesen.
    Übrigens ist ihr Deutsch besser als mein Englisch, Herr Jester! image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Was bin ich angefangen? (mein Deutsch ist schlecht...I tried to say, 'what did I start?')

Auf wiedersehen,
    Andrew
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

"Selbstverständlich, ich habe nichts Gegenteiliges behauptet. Ich bin im positiven Sinne überrascht und freue mich einfach, hier auch deutsche Worte zu lesen.
    Übrigens ist ihr Deutsch besser als mein Englisch, Herr Jester!" --Udo

Im Ernst bezweifle ich das Ihr Englisch schlechter ist als mein Deutsch, mein guter Herr! Aber vielen Dank fuer das Kompliment; Sie sind sehr hoeflich.

Es freut mich auch, nicht nur Deutsch lesen zu koennen, aber auch von Zeit zu Zeit ein bisschen zu ueben.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22