Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Way too funny 1952 Topps Mantle auction.

Link to 52 Mantle

Don't forget to read the Q and A at the bottom both in all CAPS by the way. And people still bid. I'm on the wrong side of this business. But hey you can always buy this card, send it out to be graded, have it returned fake and then send it back to this guy all within 2 days of your receipt to get a refund. image
Collecting
Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
1967 Topps PSA 8+
1960's Topps run Mega Set image
"For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    That guy needs to tweak the settings on his inkjet. That bogus Mantle looks soooooooo fake.

And he needs a new keyboard where the caps lock key isn't stuck, so his masturbatory Q&A's aren't quite so obvious.

He does offer a money-back guarantee if a grading service deems it is a fake. But you have to send it to the grader, get it back, and return it to him within 2 days of receiving it from him. Sounds reasonable.

I WILL OFFER MONEY BACK ONLY IF IT GETS SENT OUT AND GRADED BY GRADING SERVICE AND COMES BACK REPRINT. IF RETURNING CARD IT MUST BE RETURNED TO ME WITHIN 2 DAYS OF YOU TAKING RECIEPT OF IT. AGAIN NOT LOOKING TO RIP ANYONE OFF JUST LOOKING TO MAKE AN HONEST SALE.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    JUST LOOKING TO MAKE AN HONEST SALE.

lol
    Good for you.
  • Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    I would like to win and send the following shipping information.

Joe Orlando
    President PSA
    P.O. Box 6180
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Wonder what the seller would think then.
  • Options
    I guess sportscards0727 won the other auction...and hey, look, he's bidding on this auction too!

Bidding on this Fine Gem
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess sportscards0727 won the other auction...and hey, look, he's bidding on this auction too!

Bidding on this Fine Gem >>

Sure that isn't 707sportscards, he loves Mantles!!
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    image no shame..
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a spit-take when I read this:

Q: HI, FIRST OFF I WANT TO SAY THANKS. I WAS THE WINNING BIDDER ON THE 52 MICK YOU AUCTIONED OFF A FEW MONTHS AGO. MUCH TO MY WIFE AND I THE CARD TURNED OUT TO BE A 4. I NOTICED THIS ONE IS NOT AS NICE BUT A POSSIBLE 2. ONCE AGAIN IM INTRESTED THIS WOULD MAKE A NICE 2ND ADDITION. THANKS A THOUSDAND CHRIS
    Jul-26-05
    A: HI,AND THANKS I DO REMEMBER YOU AS THE WINNING BIDDER. I WAS WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU BUT SEEMS WE KEPT MISSING EACHOTHER. I VERY PLEASED TO HEAR IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU. YES, I AGREE THIS ONES ON 5 OR BETTER BUT I WOULD SAY ALSO MAYBE A 2.HEY, I APPRECIATE THE E-MAIL AND THANKS AGAIN

• Options

<< <i>I did a spit-take when I read this:

Q: HI, FIRST OFF I WANT TO SAY THANKS. I WAS THE WINNING BIDDER ON THE 52 MICK YOU AUCTIONED OFF A FEW MONTHS AGO. MUCH TO MY WIFE AND I THE CARD TURNED OUT TO BE A 4. I NOTICED THIS ONE IS NOT AS NICE BUT A POSSIBLE 2. ONCE AGAIN IM INTRESTED THIS WOULD MAKE A NICE 2ND ADDITION. THANKS A THOUSDAND CHRIS
    Jul-26-05
    A: HI,AND THANKS I DO REMEMBER YOU AS THE WINNING BIDDER. I WAS WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU BUT SEEMS WE KEPT MISSING EACHOTHER. I VERY PLEASED TO HEAR IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU. YES, I AGREE THIS ONES ON 5 OR BETTER BUT I WOULD SAY ALSO MAYBE A 2.HEY, I APPRECIATE THE E-MAIL AND THANKS AGAIN >>

All graded card experts have the same problem not being able to tell a 2 from a 5................
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Well the shilling and the auction in general was reported right after I made the post so we will see how long it takes ebay.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone sent the potential victim an email yet?
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Yes i sent the high bidder an email, so far no response.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    I emailed the second guy kimmurphy9 and he was appreciative. He also asked what to look for so I gave him a little education about Mantle rookies and Ebay!
  • Options
    Thats the guy i emailed too he was the high bid, he also asked for advice which i just finished a response. Looks like we did some good today.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+