Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

OVERWHEMLMED

Sometimes days or weeks go by when nothing comes up on Ebay worth bidding on (Meaning the sets I'm building). Then BOOM!!!! 20 or more cards come up that I want to buy, but I can only afford to buy a few of them. Right now is frustrating - some many cards I want. Cann't buy them all. Is it me or has anyone felt the same?
30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    happens to me too war, especially if there is a set break.

low ball a few and go after what ever you can afford. this may be a great ooppotunity too.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I try to prioritize. I know which cards come up the least often. There are 36 cards in the sets I collect that are very difficult to get ( Come up once every several months plus they will cost $100.00 + to buy.). I have 4 of them so far. 3 of the 32 I still need are up right now. I'm concentrating my resources on the best one. Still frustrating since I don't know when I'll get another shot at the othe 2. I guess it'll just be sweeter when I finally get them all.
    30's R Want List:

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    put low ball bids on the other two, you may just win them. That is unless they are already past what a low ball offer would be.

good luck

I know how you feel I have been stuck at 85% with my mars attacks, and whenever a card I need does come up some newbie or oldie for that matter pushes the price well above what I am willing to pay.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Warhound .... This happens to me a bunch in the non sport card arena. I often do what Win Pitcher suggested and lowball bid some and go after others more aggressively. Good luck~!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    My lowballs got outbid on 2 cards. I'm bidding very high on one (Breaking my budget in the process) and still have one lowball going. Also haven't hit the Reserve on a PSA5 #277 (Hitler Card) and watching another Hitler Card - #286. lThanks for the encouragement everyone.
    30's R Want List:

• Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    I have seen this happen on my building of a 1935 National Chicle football set. Nothing on ebay for months, them boom!! 15 cards at once. The problem is that people get desperate and bid more than they want to, thinking they will never see it again. Just stick to your guns, and make the highest bid you would make if you saw the card on Ebay every week.

As for not having enough money in the card slush fund, that's harder. You put money aside for one set, but then there aren't any cards for it, so you spend it. I guess you will just have to keep saving and saving, that way you can put competitive bids on all the cards you want. I personally have noticed that I have spent too much on cards that aren't really important to me, but I just wanted some new cards or wanted to bust some packs open. (examples Sopranos, Charlie Chocolate Factory, Disney 50th) You have to be strong and not burn the money.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!