Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

goudeygold

He's disappeared, anyone know why? Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I don't know , how long has it been since he last posted? Maybe he went on vacation or to the NAtional

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

i think he broke da CU laws..

·p_A·
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Just haven't noticed the image avatar in awhile..

Did a search his last post was on Sunday June 26, 2005 9:24 AM

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Said something he should have not said?

Stingray
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I certainly miss him and his imput and that darn ugly bird.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He's around - he just doesn't post here at the moment.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just haven't noticed the image avatar in awhile..

Did a search his last post was on Sunday June 26, 2005 9:24 AM

image >>

I believe about that time there was a mint state post which disappeared along with a few long time members..................but I know NOTHING. (in my best Schultz accent)
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    I was told just now that he was banned for something he said about a certain Joe Somebody.

• Options
    datadriven also hasnt posted in a long time...he was a good contributor to the boards..
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG is definitely missed but not like Vargha - now there was an icon! Had like 70,000 posts and a rich sense of humor.

Now, if/when I get kicked off - I would like people to recognize me - so I've taken my future icon/ID from mythology...I will rise from the ashes of my own destruction by the hands of the Mighty Moderators and be called Phoenix I - and here is my icon:

No one can kill the mighty phoenix!

Mike
  • Options
    There are other guys I have mentioned who have not posted in a long time.

Aknot
    KallMaloneSay
    Beachbum
    Roach
    Bearsnum
    slvnumber2
    BKAH

Here's my short list.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

If I get kicked off I'll come back as the one I was once before!!

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Goudy Gold is alive and well.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I read what Vargha has to say on the net54 boards...
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options

<< <i>There are other guys I have mentioned who have not posted in a long time.

Aknot
    KallMaloneSay
    Beachbum
    Roach
    Bearsnum
    slvnumber2
    BKAH

Here's my short list.

mike >>

Good calls there - KallMaloneSay always posted relevant info about modern issues, as he owns a card shop out in Vegas. Roach and Beachbum also were quality modern posters, but I seem to recall them beefing with each other a while back. Hope they pass through here again at some point.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Goudy Gold is alive and well. >>

indeed! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Mikeschmidt hasn't posted much this spring and summer. Too busy with HBS I suppose.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    "Roach and Beachbum also were quality modern posters, but I seem to recall them beefing with each other a while back."

If memory serves they weren't just beefing-- Beachbum stole a bunch of Roach's cards.
  • Options

roach was a good guy..

i didnt care too much for Beachbum..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Roach was cool, he was around a month or so ago. said hi etc.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>"Roach and Beachbum also were quality modern posters, but I seem to recall them beefing with each other a while back."

If memory serves they weren't just beefing-- Beachbum stole a bunch of Roach's cards. >>

Boo
    True, in a sense that there was a major misunderstanding, but it was totally resolved. Mike had no intention of stealing Roach's cards - he got in a bind and procrastinated and I inferred he was too embarassed to tell Roach the truth. They did go at it but it was resolved.

Beach has a great edge which is fun to have - he will be direct at times and will talk "over" our heads - very intelligent guy - but he just loves the "hard" debate - sometimes too much. I miss them both.

They were both good to have here. And I agree, if you wanted to know something about the modern market - they were a wealth of info!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I do kinda miss arguing ethics with them or their lack thereof is more appropriate.

The "nedsk" post of yesteryear
  • Options

<< <i>I do kinda miss arguing ethics with them or their lack thereof in their cases. >>

Brian
    Remember Aknot like to argue that stuff also.

I seem to remember him going ballistic about ending auctions early?

And, the deep discussions that were so abstruse that I had to have a dictionary in one hand and was scratching my ass with the other!

Mike
  • Options
    Brian

Magellan's a great guy - we don't see him very much!

And remember Ron and Chelle - she really seemed into the cards - but unless it's genetically imprinted - the urge doesn't take and within months one is off on another tangent.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    lol mike it was using a snipe service. aknot hated them, till he began collecting and wanting the marino master set.

sd

edited Jim was a great guy.

remm when he won that huge auction? of 2000 or somthing like that GU/auto/etc cards?

Good for you.
  • Options
    good times mike...

it seems there are more "scam" posts nowadays (there are probably more scams as well). i'm not implying these aren't good as i'm a big contributor to them and i think this board has saved people thousands of dollars that they would have gotten scammed for, but they're not very stimulating. everyone agrees, "let's go get 'em", and perry will kick their ass image. i miss the posts that split the board in half... unfortunately people would often go too far and get too personal with those debates...

brian
  • Options

aknot was great..

·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>aknot was great.. >>

I like Jim
    I hope he did OK on that major purchase - I would hate to see that he crashed and burned and got soured on collecting and stuff.

It takes a lot of persistence to stay in this type of hobby - I'm serious - I think it's a genetic imprint!

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I like Jim
    I hope he did OK on that major purchase - I would hate to see that he crashed and burned and got soured on collecting and stuff. >>

yeah, i know i bought several cards from him.. last i heard from him several months ago.. he had just purchased a new house, and said he wouldnt be "hanging around" the forums much after his PSA subscription expired (?) so i guess he just lost interest in cards..

<< <i>It takes a lot of persistence to stay in this type of hobby - I'm serious - I think it's a genetic imprint! >>

exactly.. i think im a "collector" by nature.. my dad was(still is) a "pack rat" or whatever you wanna call it, and i think i got the gene from him..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>remm when he won that huge auction? of 2000 or somthing like that GU/auto/etc cards? >>

I do remember that! It was almost like that was the point where he "went too far" and we never heard from him again on these boards. Hope he was able to get rid of that stuff.

I must have missed the post where Roach stopped in, but thanks for clearing up the story about him and beachbum...I knew something went on between them, but couldn't recall the details.