Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Done!

WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
The 09-58 Circ Lincoln Set was completed today at #18 with the addition of a 1923 thanks to Rick Snow. While it will not go much higher on the registry, I am pleased it is complete and look forward to tweak it now and then. Now to finish up that 59-date set!

WS
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    congrats!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    "Awesome" achievement! Congrat's!
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still consider this a great achievment in a Dansco Album. Much more so in a registry. Congrats.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Way cool! That is a very large and intensive project putting that set together! It must be great to be done. (I wish I were done but I keep selling some of my coins.)
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    and to think I am just beginning the task....

CONGRATS....I am learning more and more each day how difficult this task will be!!!!
  • Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Congratulations image and with lots of images too imageimageimage

Watersport's Wheat Cents

Coolkarma
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one really nice set of Lincoln's and nice pictures to. imageimageimage
  • Options
    Congratulationsimage
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • Options

That is one super set. I have viewed it many times. I know you put a lot of effort into it. I have also noticed
    your memorial set. Now that it's 90% complete you're eligible for 4 free gradings from PCGS. That will help
    if you have raw coins that will fit into the set. Welcome back from vacation.

RegistryNut image
  • Options

<< <i>Now that it's 90% complete you're eligible for 4 free gradings from PCGS >>

And if you want 4 high grade raw coins for that, lord knows I've got more than my fair share of them. I'll send you some no charge if you want.
  • Options
    Do the coins submitted for the four free gradings in a 90% completed set have to be the same type as the set, or can you submit any coins for the free grading? Does this apply to any 90%+ completed set?

Thanx in advance for the info. Having never submitted to pcgs, I'm looking for info on how to do it. I'm not a paid member of pcgs. I just returned from Florida to move my daughter down there, and my wonderful mother-in-law went to the safety deposit box and gave me a 1909-S VDB Lincoln, probably VF, as well as four common date gold coins that look at least AU. I'd love to get all five graded but don't know the procedure. Thanks again for any info.

Steve-having a wonderful mother-in-law.
  • Options
    Yes, for any 90% complete set you can get a voucher for free gradings. The number of free gradings is dependent on the size of the set. You have to submit coins that belong in that set. Actually, I was just wondering if they have to be coins you need for the set, but I don't think that is true. I think any coins from the set will work.

To get your 5 coins graded Steve, I'd say either ask a trusted dealer to submit them, or you can join the pcgs collectors club. You pay a fee but get "free" gradings, so it works out that you get a slight discount on those gradings. The front of the pcgs page has info on how to join the collectors club.
  • Options
    I have a set that became 90% completed and I have submitted my four free gradings. PCGS told me the coins must be needed to complete the set or be a possible upgrade for that same set. You may only submit
    one coin per date. It's nice to receive from PCGS rather than to pay pay pay pay pay pay! image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hard set to complete nice jobimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted some statistics on the set on the coin forum if anyone is interested.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.