Home Sports Talk
Options

What surprised me of the Yankees and what did not, so far.

DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
I always wanted the Yankees to use more rookies to fill the holes that they have instead of mercenaries.

Well, they used some rookies all right, but only because a lot of veterans got banged up.

I thought Giambi would be retired and barely even walk, yet he is showing a pulse this year. Not only is he playing, he is starting. He is doing very good right now. Amazing. This is not even a mercy trial, the guy can hit. He cant field squat, but he can hit.

Kevin Brown. I thought that this guy would have a career year. His punching the wall days were last year and I thought this time he is going to lead the Yankees. I thought he was going to be the ace this year and be in the running for the CY Young. I honestly did. I though these guys could have all the heating pad and electro therapy necessary to warm the back muscles up before pitching. Heck, Mattingly was on those things every day so he could play out his career.

Mussina--he may win 20 games this year. He has a chance.

Sheffield--doing steady work.

A-Rod--along with Sheff, the best tamdem of players in baseball.
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee