Home Sports Talk
Options

Hey Red Sox Nation: Are you guys going to keep K Millar or trade him? It is pitiful to leave Olerud

DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
I live in CA and I am going to a Red Sox game when they play the Angeles here. I want to see J Olerud.

He was one of the best and I know he can still contribute even if his best years are behind him.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Olerud is a class guy, and he makes a great late inning defensive replacement, and pinch hitter. I would rather Millar play the position full time, as he has a much better bat, and that seems to be the way the Sox are leaning lately...
  • Options
    Millar's bat started smoking when Olerud joined the team. Some guys just do better when push comes to shove. Millar has a terrible glove and he could not hit before Olerud.

Let me put it this way. If its the playoff, who would you start? Millar's bat is not better than Olerud's--that is highly debatable and not a given.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    Olerude is a class act but his recent at bats have been pretty sad.
    Millar is the man for the job if Olerude woke him up...great. Olerude will probably be gone before the trade deadline.

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I would start Millar, no question about it. As Bob mentioned, Olerud has looked awful at times at the plate recently (like last night, for example), and Millar has a bit more power than Olerud. But, I hope he sticks around after the trading deadline...
  • Options
    I guess the Red Sox are keeping both Olerud and Millar. Oh, what a crowded first base it is. Even that rookie Pentagine or something is on the roster. Talk about wasting Olerud's potential.
    I am sure Olerud could have been the starting first baseman on many teams without a hitch.