Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

what a screw up Problem fixed!!!

Jeeze, I add a WV-p quarter to my set tonight, and it comes up ms69, a pop 3 coin, without the satin finish designation. I just wish it were true. This is in a satin finish quarter, in the new satin finish slab. So I plug in a bunch of #'s before and after this cert #, and none of them have the designation. Now what do I do?

This little problem has been taken care of. I called PCGS and was put through to Juliet Martinez. She's a very nice lady, who was very helpful. I ended up sending her pictures of both sides of the coin. She took them to PCGS operations, and, voila, problem fixed. Don't know what exactly caused the problem. Thank you Juliet, very fast and courteous service.

Thanks to the members that responded to this post and told me how to handle this. And to the other members that emailed me. Once again, your knowlege has proven to be very helpful.

Roger

Comments

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Call PCGS customer service. They'll get it straightend out for you.

David
  • Options
    I think I'll do that in the morning. I wish this were truely a buisiness strike, but......Its not.
  • Options
    to correct your coin you will probably have to send a picture of your coin with SF Label and cert number to PCGS and they can correct error in the data base. However I would think that the maker of the coin should also be notified so he can look at all the coins in that submission.
  • Options
    I sent the seller an email about this last night. He is aware of the problem. He's a pretty nice guy
    and takes the time to respond to all correspondence I have sent, so I suspect he does so with all
    his customers. In the meantime, I have a pic ready to send PCGS.

I really like this satin finish holder, which is more than I can say for the coins. Hell the coins are very nice, too. I'm just irritated because the mint didn't wait till the series was over before they pulled this change on the mint sets. Might have been a selling point for them at the end of this long series.
  • Options
    By the way Tesoro, welcome to the boards.

Hey, do you own the chain of Tesoro gas stations we have here in the north end of Ca? image