Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Venezuelan cards just back from PSA - scans

If anyone is interested in Topps Venezuelan cards, there is now a group on Yahoo specifically about them. Topps Venezuelan Yahoo Group

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Very cool cards. Nice grades to boot!
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Very, very nice examples of some hard to find cards. Are the borders yellowed or is that just the scan?
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Original card stock on 66's has a tint to it that makes the borders appear yellowed or faded, but they all have it... except one Frank Robinson card that found its way into an SGC 92 holder after it was (IMO) professionally cleaned & restored.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I think these are the highest grades Venezuelans i have ever seen.

Congrats.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Real nice stuff, were did you get these originally?

Stingray
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed! great job Josh

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    nice banks and sutton....best ive seen...
  • Options
    Nice cards! However, I have seen a lot of nice 1966 Venezuelans lately. Wonder if somebody had a "find"?

James
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    No finds of 1966 Venezuelan's to my knowledge... these cards all came from a single deal where I bought out the high-end inventory of a dealer... he had many of these cards in stock for quite a while.

What other nice ones have you seen and where? I own the majority of the PSA graded ones, especially the 6, 7 & 8's.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think he has seen your cards Josh

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I remember a few weeks back on ebay there was a fellow selling some pretty nice 1966 Venezuelan commons. I picked up a pretty nice 1966 Venezuelan Palmer RC from elsewhere. I already posted on the Yahoo board you made up, but if anyone has an Orioles (especially Brooks) I'll be in the market.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I'm guessing the high -end dealer is David Levin, as all of the sudden his nm to nm/mt cards have been sold within the last two months.
  • Options
    eBay seller zipshere has been leaking out some very nice '66s over the last few years as well. I too have a very nice looking Demeter that I picked up from him some time ago. For whatever reason the '66s seem to show up in better condition overall than the other years, or it's just perception vs. reality.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible Josh

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike