Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Paying $600.00 plus for Cheerios Dollar & Cent sets

Looking for the Cheerios Dollar and Cent set and will pay a starting price of $600.00 plus for set depending on condition of the packaging and coin condition. More than one set is ok.

For a set in MINT condition I will pay more, but the packaging must be unaltered or tampered with and the coins in perfect condition.
ronbrownphd@hotmail.com
Ron

Comments

• Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    how about just for the pennies?? I must have a dozen.
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    pretty cool.....I've never heard of it until Ron's post tonight.....

Will PCGS and NGC certify them or is it wise to leave them in the original packaging?

Cheerios Dollar & Cent Set Article
  • Options
    ellewood
    I'm a serious collector and don't have time to mess with these other guys with their sarcastic comments.
    Here are the details.
    In late 1999, in order to promote the appearance of the new “Golden Dollar’ in 2000, 5500 coins were packaged in Cheerios boxes as a promotion for the New Golden Dollar. It is now known that these Golden Dollars were made from a different working hub than the otherall other 2000 Sac. dollars. It is these sets that I’m looking for.
    Thanks for you interest .
    Ron
    Ron
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    what sarcasm?
  • Options

<< <i> what sarcasm? >>

I think the seller is bummed that peeps on the Coin Forum told him not to post WTB threads there, and pointed out that one sold for $1800 here, with maybe a couple people willing to go higher if it hadn't been for forum time problems.

I'm bummed it sold for $1800 too, had been searching for years, not it's outa my league. I shoulda bought more Cheerios back in the day I guess. good luck on your search.
    Varieties are the spice of a Type Set.

Need more $$$ for coins?
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    I'm a serious collector and don't have time to mess with these other guys with their sarcastic comments.

Good luck on the boards then!!! image

In all seriousness Ron, I wonder if anyone knows (or has estimated) how many of the sets were broken up (kids cutting out the coins to use, etc.) or even accidentally thrown away (left in the box) by the average American. I wonder if less than 1000 of these sets exist then?

Any idea how many might exist?
  • Options
    I was hoping for a more professional demeanor and dialog. I’ll just reply to those who take inquires and questions serious.

As to the number, it’s anybody’s guess and certainly your suggestions could be very correct. $1800.00 as I understand it was for PCGS certified coin though I might be wrong. In any event, I feel that $1000.00 is not out of question and if the set were in original condition and coins well preserved, I’d go for it at $1500 to $1800
    Ron
  • Options

<< <i>ellewood
    Here are the details.
    In late 1999, in order to promote the appearance of the new “Golden Dollar’ in 2000, 5500 coins were packaged in Cheerios boxes as a promotion for the New Golden Dollar. It is now known that these Golden Dollars were made from a different working hub than the otherall other 2000 Sac. dollars. It is these sets that I’m looking for.
    Thanks for you interest .
    Ron >>

Working hub or master hub?
    researching the"distinctive paper" LS SS Fracs and even bonds" most notably from the Wilcox era 1869-80
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the mintage of these coins, I think this will be a much higher cost coin in the not-to-near future. Maybe $2500, if not more. I had a chance to buy one about two years ago for $100.00. I thought they were simply SAC dollars. Oh well. Was not the first time for a mistake and won't be the last...
  • Options
    Price is not the issue at this time. Bring on the coin/s and we will then negotiate/haggle over the price. But first, I need a seller.
    Ron
  • Options
    Still looking for a real person with the goods(2000 Cheerios Sac. Dollar set). Spread the word!image

(2000 Cheerios Sac. Dollar set
    Ron
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One bump per day please.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One bump per day please. >>

Pardon me, but Mr Lincolnsense is a "serious collector." The rules may not apply.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    If you have a Cheerios dollar set you may avoid the chatter and e-mail me at ronbrownphd@hotmail.com Thanks
    Ron
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One bump per day please. >>

cool yer jets smitty ...i don't see where lincolnsense bumped it at all ....as a matter of fact YOU bumped it by playing forum cop and posting!

just as i have...just as ANYONE HAS !...by posting or responding to a statement...after all this is a "forum" .

hard to have a socratic dialog unless you do post.

hope you get yer sac/lincoln set lincolnsense.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still looking for a real person with the goods(2000 Cheerios Sac. Dollar set). Spread the word!image

(2000 Cheerios Sac. Dollar set >>

Guess two post in 17 minutes isn't a bump
    God what was I thinkingimage
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so this isn't meant to be a "bump" image Seriously though...if the Sac. dollars from these sets were struck with a different hub I can understand their "specialness". What about the cents though? Are they just your normal run of the mill Lincoln cent or is there anything similarly special about them? Thanks.
  • Options
    lincoln, your bragging about how you're a serioius collector just went out the window with your holey than thou attitude. i'm certainly not impressed and would choose not to deal with you on any transaction. you put up a red flag by being difficult with your remarks. treat the forum members with respect and they may change their mind about you or just find a dealer.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Cladiator
    As I understand it, there are NO differences with the cent in the Cheerios sets. In fact, there were many more by the thousands that were put in boxes and the dollar was maybe in boxes one in every 2000 where as the cent was in all during the promotion.
    Ron
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭