Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vlad, Tejada Game Used Bats Available

I'm trying to unload some of my cards and memorabilia over the next few weeks and I have 2 GU Tejada bats both uncracked, one is siged and I also have a Vlad GU signed bat as well. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM me. I'm not in a rush to unload anything so I'm not going to sell for low prices [the prices that most of us buy at image ] but if anyone is willing to pay current market prices or a little bit lower let me know. I'm also willing to entertain offers for cash/trade deals.

Comments

• Options
    oddballoddball Posts: 119
    pics please

are they actual game-used bats with names on barrels......or are they the batting practice-used pro stock bats that most people have
  • Options
    Real Genuine Game used bats with all approrpiate labeling on the bats.......will hope to get pics up tomorrow.
  • Options
    oddballoddball Posts: 119
    alright, also let me know what you're looking for...either price or in trade
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>alright, also let me know what you're looking for...either price or in trade >>

Greg
    Which model is the Vlad? He used the X bat model 24 - is your's an ASI bat?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    The Vlad bat is a SAM bat, I know he has used the X 24 and he has also used a Glomar modeal as well. There was a SAM bat that closed today at 500, I'm looking to get that much. I understand if you don't want to pay that much but I'm not in a rush to sell either, a lot of his GU bats were selling around 800 last year after he won the MVP.

The bat is not from ASI, I got it from a friend who has an extensive GU collection that he has been acquring through a couple of bat boys over the years. I do have a Shannon Stewart ASI bat if you have interest in that.
  • Options
    Sorry
    Just curious - I have the XBat - got a few years ago before the hype - prices were more in the 250-300 range then.

Good luck
    Why not consider putting it up on ebay?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I got mine mid season 03 for around 300 before the hype as well, I usually try and buy my stuff for cheap before the guys become top players, same as most people though. I am going to put it up on the bay but I wanted to give anyone on the boards a shot first. Should have the pics up tonight.
  • Options

<< <i>I got mine mid season 03 for around 300 before the hype as well, I usually try and buy my stuff for cheap before the guys become top players, same as most people though. I am going to put it up on the bay but I wanted to give anyone on the boards a shot first. Should have the pics up tonight. >>

How about a link when up.

I would like to see the stuff.

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone, be careful with ASI as I have known them to sell bats that were not used by the person that they were claiming had used them. ASI just recently sold a bat for $1,400 on Ebay that was listed as an Albert Pujols game used X bat. The problem with this bat was it had a Dominican flag sticker on the barrel and Pujols has never used that type of bat with the sticker on it. Pujols did receive some of those bats but gave them all to Mike Matheny a couple of years back for a fundraising event. ASI claimed this bat was given to them by a family member or friend. It's tough now with players just giving away hoards of unused items for friends and family members and those end up on Ebay and in other auctions as game used.

The gameused market is more fraudulent as ever so be very careful when purchasing any game used item. Always try to get photo documentaton to verify or match a game used item.
  • Options

<< <i>Stone, be careful with ASI as I have known them to sell bats that were not used by the person that they were claiming had used them. ASI just recently sold a bat for $1,400 on Ebay that was listed as an Albert Pujols game used X bat. The problem with this bat was it had a Dominican flag sticker on the barrel and Pujols has never used that type of bat with the sticker on it. Pujols did receive some of those bats but gave them all to Mike Matheny a couple of years back for a fundraising event. ASI claimed this bat was given to them by a family member or friend. It's tough now with players just giving away hoards of unused items for friends and family members and those end up on Ebay and in other auctions as game used.

The gameused market is more fraudulent as ever so be very careful when purchasing any game used item. Always try to get photo documentaton to verify or match a game used item. >>

Thanx
    I do most of my business with JT Sports and Zane Bats who are pretty respected. You have aroused my interest - others have had respect for ASI - easy to check - next time I pick up a bat from JT, I will ask them about the bat.

I appreciate the warning.
    Now, recourse? I would hope that ASI would have to stand behind their COA? image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I have heard that the winning bidder on the Pujols bat did get a refund or was supposed to get one.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Might be interested in a Tejada GU bat. I have a Eric Chavez and Richie Sexson available for trade if interested. Also have some late 80s A's and Giants CS and WS bats to trade too.