Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

honest "pro" auction

i stumbled on this - honest

i applaud this guy's honesty, but the skeptic in my says there's a good chance someone buys it to resell.

also this is funny pro 5

lowest pro grade i've ever seen, the seller is dumping these turds all over ebay.

brian

Comments

• Options
    I'm watching the Berra, if it stays cheap I'll pick it up, and I like to think I'm an honest guy image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian
    Thanx for posting.

I agree on the fact that someone dishonest will resell it later.

On the Mantle - who would trim crap?

On trimmed cards - in the future, there will be a legit market for them since so many have been defiled!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I sold the one and only pro card I had in basically the same manner. mine wasn't trimmed it had a crease though running thru the middle of the card. it was graded a 7.5. I sold it as is with full disclosure. the buyer was happy and I got my money back. it was a 52 bowman reese

i paid somthing like 40.00 and I got back 35 I think.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda the same thing here that I have been watching.

bbcexchange sold this Babe Ruth PRO 7.5!!

<< <i>I normally refuse to sell anything in a PRO holder, but it came in on consignment from a regular customer. Therefore, I am selling it as "trimmed". Purchase at your own risk, now that I am telling you it has been deemed as trimmed(but still in a PRO holder). >>

Figured it would come back up for sale and sure enough BABE RUTH # 93 Graded 7.5 !!!!!!!!!

Doesn't mention anything about possible trimming so I sent a question almost ten days ago basically saying how I had heard all these horror stories about Pro grading and asked if they thought the card might be trimmed. Never got a response and I never expected one.
  • Options
    Still a decent card barf, i hope the seller loses a lil on it though.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bjork73, i'm pulling for you to win it so it won't end up in bad hands like the ruth that barf pointed out.

it's sad to see when someone is honest and discloses it's trimmed, how many end up in scammer's hands. and they buy and sell on ebay right in front of everyone...

brian
  • Options
    The person selling the Ruth got back to me and said that it was measured and it's not trimmed. Then I asked why they didn't crack it out and submit it to PSA and make some real $$$. Still waiting for the usual bs excuse.
  • Options
    I kinda have some personal interest in 55 Bowman since a close family friend owns a framed piece with all the Giants in the set, including Mays; an intersting piece but also sad since the bottom corners have been seriously pinched by the brass holders that support the cards (the piece was made in the 70s I think). It'd be nice to have a little memento of that set image

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Figured it would come back up for sale and sure enough BABE RUTH # 93 Graded 7.5 !!!!!!!!!

Doesn't mention anything about possible trimming so I sent a question almost ten days ago basically saying how I had heard all these horror stories about Pro grading and asked if they thought the card might be trimmed. Never got a response and I never expected one. >>

Is it just me or does that top edge look slanted? Is it rotated in the holder or was it just not cut straight when it got trimmed? Nice-looking card with good eye-appeal, but ick on the trimming image

Tabe
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    The Mantle is about a PSA 2 maybe, so Pro's 5 is about right.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    couldn't bite on this one, I could get a legit raw copy for less... it would probably be a good idea to keep tabs on this puppy though...

• Options
    I see the ruth seller lost 100.00 on his attempt.

I assume the "winner" and seller are one and the same?

SD
    Good for you.