Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

TriStar Hidden Treasures

I just bought a couple of packs to check them out. Each pack had 2-89 Topps, 2-84 Fleers and 1-Leaf(year?). Anyway in both packs the 84 Fleer is the exact same card. Glad I only paid 99 cents. What have others been getting out of these packs?

Stingray

Comments

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost started a thread a few weeks ago, but never got around to it.

I was in Walmart and saw these new packs, and I thought, "A new company," So, I bought about 5 or 6 packs. They were absolute junk. They take commons from the 80's and repackage them, and try to lure you saying that their are vintage star cards to be had. I doubt that. The worst $.99 per pack I've ever spent.

Shane

• NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    They are cheap packs that give the young collectors a chance to buy something, which is somewhat rare with all the new products. Sure they aren't the greatest, but they are better than the Yuk Packs. At least these usually give you one player that is known per pack, instead of 1 per box. Yeah, most is garbage, but still it's something different and a few lucky people will get the chance to get a rare vintage card including a trip to the 2006 all star game.

I did buy a couple of boxes, because they were cheap, but nothing exciting. There were several duplicates in some of the boxes, but still not as bad as Rollie's Yuks. It did look like Tristar did buy team collections, because I had pulled several duplicates from mid 80's fleer of Royals players in a box. Like 3-6 duplicate cards of a different Royals player from the same set.

Would I recommend buying them? No, but I really can't say I would recommend any product currently. At least you only lose $20 on a full box, compared to buying a $100+ box and the only sellable pulls netting you a total of $20.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 2 packs just for kicks and giggles last week because I was away from my puter on vacation. I got 2 exactly the same packs..2 topps from 89, 2 donruss from 84 and 1 fleer from 91. The best part was, not only were the players all the same, 1 player was creased in the middle of the card from both packs. Absolute junk. I threw them in the trash. Hope the maid didnt dig them out for her kid. Out
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • 'Nuff Said! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    Retail boxes must give you an auto per box, because Hobby do not.