Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anybody got a spare Jefferson 5c to spare? Make it a very worn one.....

Still looking for a VERY worn out but undamaged 1938-1964 Jefferson Nickel (non war nickel). Will pay 100 times face value for the right coin. Check your pocket change image Here's an AG3 for comparison purposes of how worn down I'd like to find:

Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    It has less detail than yoursimage

imageimage
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a bit of interesting news that I actually came across just yesterday;
    Mutilated Coins: United States Coins no longer fit for circulation are classified as "uncurrent" or mutilated.
    ---Uncurrent coins are coins that are worn yet recognizable as to genuineness and denomination, and are machine countable. Uncurrent coins are redeemed by the Federal Reserve Banks, then forwarded to the Mint for disposition.
    ---Mutilated coins are coins that are chipped, fused and not machine countable. Mutilated coins are only redeemable through the United States Philadelphia Mint facility.

With this bit of info that's put out by the US Mint, "yet recognizable" tells me the coin lacks detail whether the coin is new or worn so why do we have "uncurrent coins", not worn but lack considerable detail, residing in TGS's MS65 to 67 holders?

But on the other hand, pertaining to the question, if you do locate a very worn nickel, with the Mint destroying these coins, they just might be pop top coins someday and worth lots! image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection