Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What's the next card you're going to buy?

2»

Comments

• TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Why was that girl even walking in front of him? Not exactly the safest place to be image
  • Adam J. Moraine

I see how it is. When GIGA goes up 10 cents a share, you obnoxiously boast about making $800. Yet, when GIGA goes down $1.08 a share, we don't hear anything about the $8640 you lost because "you don't make a dime or lose a dime umtil you sell of course, Wall Street 101".

Someone sure seems angry about losing $8640.

By the way, brilliant plan with the 51 Mantle PSA 8 from the 22 feedback seller. I'll anxiously await the future 100+ post thread where you cry about your experience.
  • We'll see come monday and tuesday of next week if my wrists are indeed bleeding (LMAO) or if everyone here wishes they'd bought a little GIGA if for nothing more than a trade... I am not here to provide investment advice and would expect all other sane posters here to do their own dd when it comes to real $$$$, yet kuntrytot is having a hard time understanding that... thanks everyone for staying out of our little p*ssing contest, it will have ended come tuesday anyway as kuntrybumpkin scurries back into his hole until jealousy again gets the better off him and he feels the need to attempt to rain on someone else's good fortune, for he obviously has none. The other fine folks on this board know the difference between arrogance/confidence and skepticism/envy... if I can make someone on this board some extra jack, then fine, but it is not my intention to tout stocks here, obviously. You called ME out poorboy, remember that.

So candyass-kuntry, I know you can't help but wonder what it's like to swim with the sharks of the high-end card market or the broader markets, and by the sound of your childish, petty attitude, you never will... you'll just continue to leaf thru those glossy auction mags that arrive at the front door of your double-wide, dreaming of a day when you have the resources necessary to actually bid and win your dream card. If you had any knowledge about how to make money in this crazy world you would have backed up the truck and bought SIRI hand-over-fist under $1 a share a coupla years back like yours truly did (again, a fact, not a boast), a life-changing move I decided to make in the pessimistic climates of negative market sentiment and terrorist fears. I learned that you only live once and that the biggest risks in life are not taking any. I do not expect you to understand this time-tested axiom.

As for the Mantle, I plan on picking it up and paying for it in person should I be fortunate enuff to win it... sucks to be you, poo-poo... but feel free to live vicariously through the TimeMachine if that is your wish.

• ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I'm sorry that I started this thread.
  • wufdudewufdude Posts: 356
    wow....a philosophy and investment lesson all on a sport cards message board....

sucks that a cool thread got hijacked by a couple of goofballs...
  • Please continue, Adam. I am amused by your outrage, as well as your ignorance.
  • My sincerest apologies ajw, but I have a hard time deferring sometimes, not making someone look like a complete idiot when the situation demands it.

again, "hijacking" your thread was never my intention, sometimes these things take a life on all there own.

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    It's not all bad, ajw. That track meet clip is pretty cool.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • The name is Jon, not Adam-whomever, and you cannot possibly be this stupid... let's return this thread back to hobby talk and and its rightful owner, and if you indeed want a piece of me or actual investment advice and my real-time positions, shoot me an e-mail and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Any more comments from you here will be ignored and viewed as unnecessary.
  • I can't see how that guy didn't see her.. I think he just ran her over to teach her a lesson not to walk on the track especially walking on it not paying attention. Kind of pr!cky. Or.. maybe he was running with his eyes closed. At any rate the dudes face with the orange shirt on says it all.

I believe that this happened at an indoor track meet where there is a lot of action in a very small area. The girl is walking across the long jump/triple jump runway and obviously she isn't paying attention. I also think that the guy never saw her until the last second. Reason being, he is looking down to check his steps or checkpoints (you can see these along the runway) so that he will hit the board correctlu and not "scratch." Purely accidental but very dangerous and painful.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't find a video to post, but did anyone see the SportsCenter "highlight" today of the female diver hitting her head on the diving board? This was no Greg Louganis "brushing" the board, I'd say she hit it with her chin, nose, forehead, everything. It was scary. She got out of the pool, but it wasn't a pretty sight.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    This was my purchase tonight.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805

<< <i> believe that this happened at an indoor track meet where there is a lot of action in a very small area >>

Yeah, that's the thing. With long jump, there is so much space between the start of the run and the pit, that it's not that hard to not realize there's someone running down the line. This is especially true where you have high jump at one end, pole vault at another, shot put in the middle, sprints on the track, all going on at the same time. At least at outdoor tracks, where I spent most of my time, there was an asphalt runway for long jump. At an indoor meet, you only have lines on the surface. As for the runner, typically, he is concentrating on counting his strides and isn't paying attention to anything else. Ouch!
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • ADAM J. MORAINE

YOU ARE JUST EMBARRASSING YOURSELF. THE TRULY SAD PART IS THAT YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    nevermind....lol

iowa's finast collector is in our midst?
    Good for you.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This was my purchase tonight.

image >>

Very nice Halo
    Bill Russell for years was one of the toughest autos! He's signed more but for a premium. I have an auto in a book - not the best for displaying but authentic.

Congratulations!
    mike
    Mike
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Just won this beauty!! 1970 Dad's Cookies Gordie Howe PSA 9
  • I am comteplating buying this suite 70 PSA 9 MUNSON - it will go over a grand - but I will then have the #1 thurm registry.....I think I am nuts!!

Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=5223152548&amp;rd=1&amp;sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&amp;rd=1
    steve
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Linky for balco.

1970 Munson
  • The only sad fool here is you kuntry. To think that you would derive pleasure from another's paper loss (no pun intended) is a testament to what you are obviously all about...

GIGA=$8.04 as of noon today where I began to take profits, not that you know what those are

You are a first-class jackass little man, enjoy your miserable life...