Home Stamps Forum

Cancelled Stamps

I work at a bookstore and for the release of Harry Potter I received 7 stamps that are supposed to be cancelled and eventually become a collector's item. They're mounted on a 4" x 1.5" harry potter bookmark commemorating the release date. Does anyone have any idea how much a set of these would be valued at or how I could find the value? Thank you for any help.

email me at samirpatel55@hotmail.com with any info.

Comments

• I'm not quite sure what you mean by "suppose" to be cancelled. Is there a cancel mark on the stamps? Can you read where the cancel mark is from? Also, they are already a collectors item..obviously because of them being a Harry Potter item. If you received them for free you're ahead of the game. If you lost them it wouldn't mean your kids college fund just disappeared. Have you looked on eBay to see if any on listed?

Jerry
  • The stamps are mounted on a bookmark and have a wavy stamp through them - sort of as if they have been used. I'm not really a stamp man (as you can probably tell), but maybe i could post a picture or something, maybe someone could tell me how to. Thanks
  • ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    In the window that comes up when you reply, you can scroll down abit and see a line that says "attachment"

A window will pop up.
    Click top buttton to upload a picture of the stamps from your harddrive, then select the file out of the list of uploaded pictures you have.

Then click "reply to thread" and you're set.