Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

50-pc commem set complete

It's a good feeling. My set is complete. I ended up no. 22 in the standings. I have no immediated desire to upgrade any, as I am attached to each coin in my collection. Most are in green holders as I have been working on the set for ten years. Thanks to all the many dealers who sold me coins. Checkers
Here's to it and to it again.
If you don't do it when you get to it,
You'll never get to it to do it again.

Comments

• Options
    Congrads on your set, is there a link to the registry?
    imageimage
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    Here's the link for ya

Freds set
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Congrat's on an Awesome achievement. Would love to see pic's.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I echo Lee, both the congratulations and the request for pictures.

Personally, I think this sort of thread is the registry at its finest--a collector accomplishes his or her goal and is able to tell other people who can appreciate what it took. Plus, I think that a 50-coin commemorative type set is a VERY cool collection indeed.

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Congrats - 10 years is awhile - must have felt great to get that last coin!

By the way, what was the last coin?

Ken
  • Options

I do not collect this series so I'm not very knowledgeable about your coins. But I do know this!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Way to go!
    RegistryNut

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATULATIONS !! It is incredibly pleasing to see all 50 different designs set out in front of you, representing so many historical events. Each coin also reminds you of your personal efforts to chase down and acquire that piece.

I agree with your approach as well, keep those coins if they are pleasing to you and don't get caught up in the upgrade game for the sake of points. I have walked away from upgrades to my own set because I can't see any sanity in buying a low pop white BTW MS67 for $15,000 when an MS 66 costs $300.
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>
    I agree with your approach as well, keep those coins if they are pleasing to you and don't get caught up in the upgrade game for the sake of points. I have walked away from upgrades to my own set because I can't see any sanity in buying a low pop white BTW MS67 for $15,000 when an MS 66 costs $300. >>

I agree with you. Upgrading a BTW from 66 to 67 is not going to move any point either, but cost a fortune.
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the congratulations. The last coin was a hawaiian.
    Here's to it and to it again.
    If you don't do it when you get to it,
    You'll never get to it to do it again.
  • Options
    Nice set, Checkers.

You are ready to start the 144 coin set now. image
  • Options
    good job checkers...and as chad said...time for the creme de la creme....the 144 piece set...now that wil take you a while :-)

doc

>>>I agree with your approach as well, keep those coins if they are pleasing to you and don't get caught up in the upgrade game for the sake of points. I have walked away from upgrades to my own set because I can't see any sanity in buying a low pop white BTW MS67 for $15,000 when an MS 66 costs $300. >>

your right...but as you said " white " now monster colored like we like `em...thats different

but

if it was white and 2 grades better than any other btw in 66...then its a differnt story....isnt it

but we all know the grading game and they wont give you the right grade and make you 15,000 for a 300 investment...not without them getting theirs

so....us old timers have a distinct advantage over other where as we know by now whats out there for the most part...

and

thats why i have been hoarding ngc no bariner 67s....the crackout guiys give up and i move in....give him the his short money and send it to pcgs for the homerun.....i have made 7 btws in 67 at pcgs and all have been homers

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My set is complete. I ended up no. 22 in the standings. I have no immediated desire to upgrade any, as I am attached to each coin in my collection. Most are in green holders as I have been working on the set for ten years. >>

Congratulations on the completion of this difficult 50 piece set. From what you have said, it sounds to me like you have perfectly set yourself up with what could be a great start a fantastic full set, if you ever so desire. Again, congratulations!