Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 FB 2 set break rips...

ORIGINAL TITLE: Trip to the parents and came back with 2 75's and a 76!

I had to spend the night at my folks place tonight as they went out of town and I have to watch their dog. I am glad I came!

I just dug out of the basement 2 1975 and a 1976 FB set! There are tons of gradable minor stars and rookies in there! I vaguely remember now stashing them away in the unfinished side of their basement years ago. Whoever I got these from in the early 90's thru SCD most likely, pilfered the rookies and stars and left only fillers there, which is why I stashed them back then. I just found them and was brousing through and I think I got a lot of gradables!

All the rookies are dogs and the Payton I remember taking out years ago. I remember being pissed that I was taken on these but now the commons and minor stars might fetch some decent grades!

Just felt like sharing my find! I am still there and am scannerless but if you guys want to see some of the better ones I can post em up on Sunday! I am about to go back downstairs to see if there is anything else I can dig up that I stashed away 10+ years ago.

Good Times
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great Zef
    I'm surprised they have a computer!LOL

Post some of the better cards when you get a chance.

I was just mentioning how I have a 76T full sheet with Aaron on the upper left corner that I just got framed and is on the wall. The thing looks great!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    That was actually how I got back into collecting several years ago - by finding my childhood collection stashed away at my parents house. It was great to find some high quality 70's cards, but most of my collection was a bit more "well-worn". Still, that was the springboard into my collecting obsession today...
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I finally started going through these sets and I am still shocked how man gradables there are. As I said before, most of the RC's were fillers, but between the 2 sets I may have 150 cards that have a chance at 9's.

Here are some of the stars.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

Here are a few more.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool Zef

I'm still finding stuff in the closet that I'm clueless when or why I bought it!

I like the Stabler - Raiders fan.

And of course, you have the future Raider - Plunkett.

Good luck on your sub
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

These were sitting in my parents basement for 10 years and I found them, was happy enough to post about and then they sat in my closet until tonight. I also took back some 59's that were at my folks house that I just put in one of the set boxes and also forgot about.

These are pretty sweet too. I love an unexpected christmas image

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    4 more if anyone cares image

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    rbeatonrbeaton Posts: 631
    Zef,

I'm looking for three cards in PSA-9 from the 75 set:
    179 - Jim Tyrer
    506 - Mike Bragg
    519 - Ken Houston

Thanks,
    Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Zef, you got some good lookin 75's there. I recently put my 75 set in a binder from Office Depot, It was great going through the set and lookin at all the old cards. The 75's are very hard on centering, and you have a few that looked to be centered very well. Good luck with grading them and future basement finds.