Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Back in the game

After selling 9/10 of my vintage basketball card collection over the past year... I am back in the game... trying to put togther frazier, monroe, reed, bradley, hawkins, alcindor, erving, magic J and Havlicek runs in psa / sgc 9... Additionally yankees refractors 1993-2000, 1993 bk refractors, psa 9 munsons, mattinglys, reggies and lastly Strawberry and Gooden rarities..

This is what I added today:

Comments

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    yds,

Sharp Walt card! You must have done well unloading your vintage basketball to have that kind of wantlist now!

Keep sharing the scores...

hh
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YD, Welcome back! Man...ya just missed the 70 topps Hondo in PSA 9 last night...DBryant picked it up for a mere $3850....would have looked great next to the Frazier 9! Now that he has his...maybe you can get the next one for about $1k next time. Good luck with all of em'!!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Thanks! I saw that! Gotta love D. Bryant... he's paid my rent a few times with his buy it nows... and he's an unstoppable collector...
    as for that $3000+ PSA 9 Havlicek... I think a mere $28 was good for this one with 4 sharp corners and a clean surface:image
  • Options
    Did that grade a 9? See its in a slab, nice card never the less.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    I always thought it was strange that the pictures on the basketball cards of that era (and I was buying the packs at that time) have the players wearing their jersey backwards so their name (or no name if the case) is on the front of the jersey without the team name.

You would have thought there were no licensing issues, but who knows?
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    cub,
    never noticed that before!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue was liscencing. It was the same problem with football cards of the 1970's. Take a look, there are no helmet emblems. It's not nearly as noticable because football teams don't put the team name on the uniform.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach