Home Autographs Forum

Autograph I own

This is 2 autographs on the face of a batman comic book. these are the 2 artists/authors of the batman series during the vengance of bane era when batman was killed or back was broken (can't remember.) This comic comes with certificate of authenticity with # matching # on comic book. This comic book is the one where batman's killer is created "bane". They used a paint pen "metallic silver" there also is a small finger print in one of the auto's. In the bottom right corner of the comic it has the copyright and these 2 artists names printed in small text. So they are the only " artists/writers" on this project

Comments

• magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi,
    interesting stuff but beyong my area. 10,000 is a pretty large edition, and paint pen is a collectors nightmare. It bleeds into itself and obscures detail - favored instrument of forgers - like all those Sinatra's in gold. I imagine they have value to a comic collector but I'd not know how much.

Billy image
  • I wondered what you'd think and have to say about the silver paint pain. The comic is a 2nd print to the original print. The 1st print was very valueble when this first came out during the "Knightfall series" when batman gets his back broken or killed. It comes with a certificate also. Batman "vengance of bane" is the name of the comic. It's the creation of the villian "Bane" edition. This was giving to me on a B-day 11 yrs ago by a real good friends father who owned a sports card card shop. I worked at the shop various times too. However I did not see any of these on E-bay. That is interesting considering 10,000 comics released. So I wonder to the authenticity. However I saw another batman comic book on ebay With Chuck Dixon and the other auto looked 97% similar, I remember one small thing was different at the end of the auto.

<< <i>I wondered what you'd think and have to say about the silver paint pain. The comic is a 2nd print to the original print. The 1st print was very valueble when this first came out during the "Knightfall series" when batman gets his back broken or killed. It comes with a certificate also. Batman "vengance of bane" is the name of the comic. It's the creation of the villian "Bane" edition. This was giving to me on a B-day 11 yrs ago by a real good friends father who owned a sports card card shop. I worked at the shop various times too. However I did not see any of these on E-bay. That is interesting considering 10,000 comics released. So I wonder to the authenticity. However I saw another batman comic book on ebay With Chuck Dixon and the other auto looked 97% similar, I remember one small thing was different at the end of the auto. >>

Hi image
    I have no reason at all to doubt its authenticity - I have no idea either way. I was merely commenting on the paint pen in general - you astutely guessed I would have reservations about it. Most collectors do as they obscure signing characteristics so that even an authentic example will contain less "data" than a Sharpie, or (better still) some other pen that marks the surface being signed. This explains my peference for fountain pen when I can get it. Paint pens were more popular when they first came out - now it is known some crack and have bad adhesion.

Best,
    billy
  • dunerduner Posts: 625
    man billy, you've rained on my parade again....i got a football helmet and a paint pen for an upcoming fan day here at lsu. Now, i'm debating whether to use it or not. I think paint pens look the best for signing things...but if it's going to crack and peel in a couple of years off of a $200+ helmet, it seems counterproductive. I assumed a sharpie paint pen would have the same characteristics as a regular sharpie.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

<< <i>man billy, you've rained on my parade again....i got a football helmet and a paint pen for an upcoming fan day here at lsu. Now, i'm debating whether to use it or not. I think paint pens look the best for signing things...but if it's going to crack and peel in a couple of years off of a $200+ helmet, it seems counterproductive. I assumed a sharpie paint pen would have the same characteristics as a regular sharpie. >>

Well, check the web and see what other collectors are using. I should think a standard Sharpie would be best. Perhaps Sharpie has a website. I am confident this info can be found online with a bit of looking. It is possible Sharpie paint pens are of high quality but I prefer the tried and true. I wonder where the best place to get a helmet signed is?

Best,
    Billy