Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Where have all the 34-D mercs gone in 63-64?

I've been looking for one for about three months now. I've found several 65FB/66FB. They're easy to find in AU... Ok fess up, ....you hord'n them?

David

Comments

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Where have all the 34-D mercs gone in 63-64?

The nice ones are now in 65 and 66 holders, and the yukky ones are now in AU58 holders...both are in their final resting place image

Just kidding, but in all seriousness you should be thankful you can find 65 and 66's now. For some reason a few are out there for sale/floating around. It took me almost 9 months (last year) to find 1. This is an underrated date and I'm personally hoarding the nice for the grade coins, so you're right.
  • Options
    MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭
    I was fortunate to win a lively auction for a nice 34-D in MS64 FB on EBay in late April. I haven't seen many of these "out there" (in any grade) since.
    "Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, Ken, what's with giving away all the Merc secrets? image

Andy is a good guy. He's located in my neck of the woods, and I've bought coins from him in the past. He really has nice dimes! Typically, at the very high end of the grade.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, Ken, what's with giving away all the Merc secrets? image

Andy is a good guy. He's located in my neck of the woods, and I've bought coins from him in the past. He really has nice dimes! Typically, at the very high end of the grade. >>

Just trying to help out a little...image I have a few from this Web Site and have had No Problems at all. Maybe if he gets some action on Mercs he will try to stock more of them.

Ken
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Try Here

Thanks Fairlaneman. I emailed him the same day you made the post. I asked for a pic, if it were white, and what his best price was. He sent me an email saying that he'd send me an image within the next few days.

One finally popped up on ebay today. Ending a three month search.

David

Link