Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS MS69SF SAC VS. MS69 SAC.......ANY EXPLANATION?

Ok, so this is how my grades looked when they came back today:

73685597 2005-P SAC $1 Satin Finish USA MS69SF
73685599 2005-P SAC $1 Satin Finish USA MS69

Some coins say SF at the end and others do not. When you type in the CERT it comes up the same way. They are both satin finish so what is the deal???

Comments

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    It would seem to me that PCGS couldn't differentiate that the coin wsa indeed a SF coin. In a way, I think it's better. The SF coins should be icer because of the process and handling. The regular coins should have only come from rolls. Thusly, the regular strike coins should be much rarer and more valuable. In this case, it seems you got lucky by PCGS's mistake. Congratulations either way! Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    They are dropping the "SF" at the end of the grade.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    You would be very lucky to find an ms67 Sac coin this year in a roll. PCGS is sloopy as all $#@%
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I know Brcoins you can pre-sell it in anticipation of an ms69 grade coming in a few weeks and then withhold how many you have to the buyers. i just know you're gonna make ms70's across the board dude!
  • Options
    So assuming PCGS messed up on categorizing these coins how will they work with the registry? I'm wondering if they will show up as business strikes even though they are satin finish. I'm not insinuating doing anything that shouldn't be done (that's the last thing I need). I also got a WV-P that PCGS put in a KS-P holder. I should probably send it all back.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, so this is how my grades looked when they came back today: 73685597 2005-P SAC $1 Satin Finish USA MS69SF 73685599 2005-P SAC $1 Satin Finish USA MS69 Some coins say SF at the end and others do not. When you type in the CERT it comes up the same way. They are both satin finish so what is the deal??? >>

They still say Satin Finish whether or not they have "SF" at the end of the grade. I'm sure they'll iron it out, but they're still the same coin. I had P Bison 69's that came back both ways, but the holders and the Registry still show Satin Finish as the variety.

Seth
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So assuming PCGS messed up on categorizing these coins how will they work with the registry? >>

PCGS didn't mess up. They are dropping the "SF" at the end of the grade.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    "PCGS didn't mess up. They are dropping the "SF" at the end of the grade" Russ

Where did you get your info? It sure seems that they are all over the map these days on Moderns.

Chris
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So assuming PCGS messed up on categorizing these coins how will they work with the registry? >>

PCGS didn't mess up. They are dropping the "SF" at the end of the grade. Russ, NCNE >>

I called PCGS today and asked about the Roosevelt SF/FB situation. Coin says MS68SF or MS69SF with no designation of FB whether it is FB or not. If you look at the pop report, it says MSFB and no extra line for MS only. They told me to send mine back for the proper holder as they are going to designate FB on the holder and drop the SF.

I assume that they'll do it just as they said. It sounds like the SF comes off as you mentioned Russ. image
    Seth