Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Wanted 1807 Bust half O-114

Hey folks, anyone have an NGC or PCGS 1807 Large Stars bust half O-114 in XF or AU they want to sell?

Please PM me.

Terry

Comments

• Options
    GOLDSAINTGOLDSAINT Posts: 2,148
    Anyone have one for sale?
  • Options
    KurtHornKurtHorn Posts: 1,382
    I have 2 1807 at ANACS for Grading and Attribution right now. I didn't bother to look them up myself as they were last minute submissions at a show. If either comes back an O-114 I'll sell it to you. Should know by Friday or Monday at the latest.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • Options
    GOLDSAINTGOLDSAINT Posts: 2,148
    Thanks for your response Kurt but I need an NGC or PCGS for my registry set.
    Terry
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    1807 Capped Bust Halves in TPG AU grades are always on the top of my buy list too. I finally bought a Small Star in NGC 53 even though it is weakly struck like so many others. The Small Star and the Large Star do not have the neat 50/00 but I needed the Overton variety.

The Bearded Goddess I may never own.image
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    mozin,

There was a nice Bearded Goddess that just sold in the last heritage sale.

I have found my 1807 Large Star in XF 45, for those interested J. Teaparty has just recieved a large star in XF 40.
  • Options
    Goldsaint,

Guess who the underbidder was on that HRC Goddess?image

I also have the O-114 in XF45. Mine is now ANACS encapsulated and deeply toned; bought back in 1995.
  • Options
    Mozin,

So you were the one that was pushing the price on me!
  • Options

<< <i>Mozin,

So you were the one that was pushing the price on me! >>

So you are now the owner?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1807 O-114,
    I think I have one...

Sorry, my mistake, it's an 1807 O-115

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Baley you Devil, I thought you had sold that coin?

How many of these have been located now?

Do you know how many discovery coins have been found since the last Overton book was published?

I understand that in the BHNC only Charlton Meyer owns all 450 die marriages listed in the Overton book, this is not secret since the information has been published.

It also seems reasonable to assume that the guy that bought the Overton Collection has all 450, but I am surprised that one of these big collectors has not made you an offer you could not refuse.

Perhaps you intend to build a collection of 451?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Terry,

Yes, I've still got it.

To my knowledge there are 3; two have traded at undisclosed (to me) prices are in "big" collections (one of which is Meyer's i believe) One was in an old collection and was previously thought to be an O.104, the other had surfaced from a buried hoard and has a punch mark at 12:00. All 3 are in the VF grade range.

I'm still collecting the pre-turbs and have managed to acquire a few R5s and R6s, nice to have an R8 out of the way!

Best,
    Dave

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry