Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

USPS Shipping Tracking?

I was interested in others opinion on the USPS tracking system. I got an email on 7/5 from PSA saying that my item has been shipped. Yesterday 7/11, the USPS website still shows that it is still in Newport Beach. I would like to know if others have run into this problem. Also typically how long does it take to get your items via USPS? Does anyone know how long the PO holds your package before returning it? These are important questions as I leave for overseas this Friday and my wife leaves to join me the following weekend.
Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time PSA posted my submission as "received" USPS tracking still showed that my package had never left the P.O. here in Dallas. My guess is that you will get your cards today or tomorrow.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had something shipped USPS and was tracking it. All it ever said was arrived a certain post office, not near me, and it was never updated once. Packaged arrived on July 11 and the site still had the info from July 6th.

Stingray
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    If you want USPS tracking to actually work, you'll have to pay 53 cents for a stamp instead of 37 cents.

(This is why delivery confirmation is useless, by the way. To prove to PayPal that you delivered an item, one 20-digit tracking number is as good as any other. I think the PayPal screening program merely counts the digits.)
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    This item was shipped from PSA using their standard delivery payment schedule. So it wasnt with a 37c stamp
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Question, I have 15 PSA cards that I need to ship out, what is most cost effective, but safe way to send them? Differences in USPS shipping? Help.

Thanks,

Stingray
  • Options
    Stingray - I've shipped cards to PSA via USPS. I've noticed packages less than 2 pounds more or less are less expensive to ship than UPS. Keep in mind PSA only accepts packages from Fedex and USPS.

I always use insurance and delivery confirmation and have had no problems. I've only shipped 5 packages to them in the last several months but have been successful each time using the above method.

Good luck...Eddie

My Auctions
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I got an email on 7/5 from PSA saying that my item has been shipped. Yesterday 7/11, the USPS website still shows that it is still in Newport Beach.

Jrad, I've ran into this a couple of times, but it usually works out.
    The tracking # first identifies that the USPS has electronically been scheduled
    to come pick up the packages from PSA. When it says that it's still in
    Newport Beach, it's probably still at the sorting facility. Unfortunately,
    it will only be updated once it exchanges hands (from wherever to next stop)
    for the package to get scanned. 6 days isn't very long depending where you
    are. I'm in CA and it varies. I usually get mine from 1 - 4 days. Average 2 days
    not counting weekends/holidays. Give it a little time. It may be in transit.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I usually get mine from PSA quickly and USPS still shows en route---go figure.
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

USPS delivery confirmation, registered mail,and numbered insured mail are scanned at the post office of entry and then scanned at the time of delivery only.If PSA is giving the packages to a carrier and the carrier is not taking them to a window clerk for entry,then your packages could still show them at PSA even though they are already in the postal system. The only method of tracking is by Express mail.If the post office is doing things right,that is the precedures they are following.If they are screwing up,they might not be scanning the items at the time of delivery.Remember,the post offices are using hand held scanners that are downloaded daily(supposedly)and information is available normally after 5:00 when all the carriers are back in the office and the scanners have been downloaded.

To answer the question of how long the post office holds packages,it depends on the post office but the standard is 15 days for mail addressed to a street address(initial notification,then a final notice 5 days later and returned 10 days after that),and there is no minimum return time for a po box address as long as the po box rent is current.

My background for this information is that I am currently a postal clerk with 28 years of service and have been a window clerk for the last 10 years.I would be glad to answer any other questions regarding the post office.

Vic

JRDolan,

I have no idea what you are talking about ???
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>This item was shipped from PSA using their standard delivery payment schedule. So it wasnt with a 37c stamp >>

I meant they'd probably raise the price of stamps if they could get their tracking to work.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advise. I got my notice yesterday in the mail. I will be off Friday so I can pick up the package then.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

<< <i>

<< <i>This item was shipped from PSA using their standard delivery payment schedule. So it wasnt with a 37c stamp >>

I meant they'd probably raise the price of stamps if they could get their tracking to work. >>

imageimage

Okay,I got it now !!

Vic

And it actually does work in some offices.We don't have many problems here in NE Florida.
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.