Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Think these '68 OPC PSA 9s, are factory cut?

I read a few postings that PSA "slipped-up", and graded sheet cut OPC hockey, without realizing it! What do you think of these PSA 9s below? Nice and smooth edges? Not rough-cut? Did PSA slip-up here?

Hummmmmmmmmmm?

1968 O-PEE-CHEE OPC GUMP WORSLEY #56 PSA 9 *Rare 1of1*

1968 O-PEE-CHEE OPC DANNY GRANT #52 RC PSA 9 Rare 1of1

rbd

Comments

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Isn't this the same seller who had the '69 mays opc bvg 9.5 up for auction?
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    DaBigHurt told me that the certified graders at PSA told him that OPC sharpened the blade the day these cards came off the press, hence the sharp cut. image
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I dont know much about OPC, but i have heard from people who have busted packs of this stuff, that while 90% of the cards have rough cuts, the other 10% has clean cuts, of that 10% not all cards have good centering or registration, but some are nearly perfect.

I dont know whether these cards are sheet-cut or not, but there are some OPC cards that are completely original and unaltered. They are just rare
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Actually OPC used a wire to cut their cards. That's why most look like cr*p! image
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen an OPC card from the 60's or 70's that was cut so clean that it didn't have any chipping around all 4 edges when viewing the card from the reverse, especially when the card has color right up to the edges, as those and many others do. OPC cuts are very distinct, even the cleanest cuts I've seen and handled still show evidence that they were factory cut by OPC. Based on how well the back edges look on those hockey cards, I would not be suprised if those were laser cut cards from an uncut sheet.