Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Why does a coin have a 0 population?

I was looking at the #3 all time finest set in Lincoln Memorials with varieties. The doubled die 1969S
shows a population of 0 with 0 finer.image Does someone know how this can be? image
If you know the story,thank you in advance. It appears to me the set has a coin in it that does'nt
exist.

RegistryNut image

Comments

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, this happens when a coin is made, entered into the system by pcgs when graded, put up in the registry by the coin's owner, but not yet entered into the pop. report. When updated next by pcgs, the pop. report will reflect this coin's existance, and the pop. report will then show at least a pop1. I hope this helps. There may be another reason that I am unaware of.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    LOL image
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means, you may look into a mirror and not see your reflection.

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>To my knowledge, this happens when a coin is made, entered into the system by pcgs when graded, put up in the registry by the coin's owner, but not yet entered into the pop. report. When updated next by pcgs, the pop. report will reflect this coin's existance, and the pop. report will then show at least a pop1. I hope this helps. There may be another reason that I am unaware of. >>

RegistryCoin,
    Thanks for the reply. But the set is in all time finest and not the current finest. That tells me the set is retired or deleted. Also,the coin has no designation of being added,updated, or upgraded. This tells me
    the population report has had time to already be current. Anyway,thanks for your theory as opposed to
    others who chose to laugh at me.image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Reg. Nut. Well this is interesting. When it is figured out, I'd too like to know why the zero pop. And hey, about these guys here... most reg. forumites will develop a thick skin and a lot of friendships, in that order, when you hang here long enough. I'd guess, just from your icon, that you have a sense of humor. So know that fierce competition, strong friendships, and some harsh wording are all parts of the recipe here. When you add a couple large dollops of sarcasm, then you get the real-deal meal. Take it with a grain of salt, and it becomes palatable. Keep asking questions, and you'll end up eating these guys for lunch, or at least sharing laughs "with" them while carving up another new guy! In any case, remember that the secret main ingredient here is fun!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Reg. Nut. Well this is interesting. When it is figured out, I'd too like to know why the zero pop. And hey, about these guys here... most reg. forumites will develop a thick skin and a lot of friendships, in that order, when you hang here long enough. I'd guess, just from your icon, that you have a sense of humor. So know that fierce competition, strong friendships, and some harsh wording are all parts of the recipe here. When you add a couple large dollops of sarcasm, then you get the real-deal meal. Take it with a grain of salt, and it becomes palatable. Keep asking questions, and you'll end up eating these guys for lunch, or at least sharing laughs "with" them while carving up another new guy! In any case, remember that the secret main ingredient here is fun!!! image >>

I gottcha. image

RegistryNut
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a couple years, I had a 0/0 coin in my registry set. It's finally been updated to 1/0, although I can't tell you exactly when.

Here's a link to an earlier thread. I had 3 o/o's at one point but they've all finally appeared in the reports.

Link to earlier thread
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>For a couple years, I had a 0/0 coin in my registry set. It's finally been updated to 1/0, although I can't tell you exactly when.

Here's a link to an earlier thread. I had 3 o/o's at one point but they've all finally appeared in the reports.

Link to earlier thread >>

Lakesammman,
    Very interesting link. I guess that 0 populations happen by mistake. If I owned one I would call PCGS
    constantly until the pop. report was correct. I believe the report should be accurate or why even have it.

Thanks again.
    RegistryNut image