Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The pause after you enter in your sub# and zip...

When it takes that extra second I always think my grades are to follow. Then utter disappointment when I see the same screen I have seen the last 200 times I checked.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    Be patient. Your grades will be ready soon.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I understand that, however I was just trying to see if anyone has the similar delay after you hit enter
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Zef, i totally know what you mean. But what really kills me is when I enter my sub. # and nothing comes up. Then I call PSA and find out my sub. has been held in receiving for a full week because of some sort of problem and I was never notified. If i didn't make the call, I never would have known. Ugh!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

" You've lost that lovin' feelin'" I don't know why, but that song popped into my head when i read this thread.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zef, you are driving yourself nuts! I check once per day at about 7PM Newport Beach Time image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Talk about annoying! Sent my order on the 29th of June. I haven't recieved my "confimation email" they were delivered. I figured something was wrong so I called to make sure my oredr doesn't sit for a week. Customer service tells me no cards here. Frantically searching now for my trakcing number and type it in to the post office website; Your item was delivered at 8:21 am on July 07, 2005 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658. The haven't recorded this in their system yet whatsoever!
  • Options
    GatorGator Posts: 210
    Yeah, I know the pause you're talking about. I always get goosebumps when that happens!
  • Options

Ripublican...Samething happened to me the otehr day, I sent out June 30, called 7/5 and they said it hadn't gotten there. The guy at PSA actually said did you buy insurance. I got home and searched and found my INS w/ deliv conf and entered it in. The USPS said it was delivered on 7/2. The next day they put it in the system.

I am not complaining but I was worried my sub was lost. They have been awesome as far as turnaround which is why I was worried. Two years ago I wouldn't have checked for a few weeks.

I also hate the anticlimactic after the pause, when the grades ARE actually there and you did not think you sent in 48 cards that were 8's. I love this game(hobby, but game worked better for the saying)!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I know exactly what you mean and I love it. image
  • Options
    I WAS worried too, now that I posted of course;
    Submission/Invoice number: 576361
    Customer number: 781679
    Order quantity: 13
    Just got confirmation email??????
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Zef, that's hilarious. I know what you mean. There have been a couple times when that pause
    is followed by my grades. I think the pause for me is due to the order size (bulk). The majority
    of times that pause is just a pause and it ticks me off. I got spoiled or whatever.
    I probably check it about 5 times (used to be more) a day. Sometimes I get my grades at 9:30AM (Newport Beach time)
    which starts off my day great and others thru out the day till closing time for them.
  • Options

I have gotten that dang pause twice today. I NEED GRADES!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have gotten that dang pause twice today. I NEED GRADES! >>

Me too! I get the pause , hold my breath, then.... image

matt
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    you're obviously into ethical hedonism zef...

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Zef,

That pause is PSA recording your sub#. In the morning they check the records and bump back all the sub #'s to the end of the line.

Bob C.

PS - I hope there's some more 71's in that sub!
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options

<< <i>Zef,

That pause is PSA recording your sub#. In the morning they check the records and bump back all the sub #'s to the end of the line.

Bob C.

PS - I hope there's some more 71's in that sub! >>

No 71's but some 72's. Also Bob, the answer to the question you PMed me is yes. I just wanted to wait to auctions end to answer you, I hope you understand.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

Arrgh that pause! Now I have 2 orders in and I have a bunch of 60's I want to send but I need something to pop before I ship these off.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    That was a long one and I was sure the grades were in.

That pause sure gets my heart racin...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Great. This is what I have to look forward to. I'm about to mail off my intial Club Join sub and I'm starting to wonder if this is something I just shouldn't get myself involved in.

Sort of like the moments right before I had my first Krispy Kreme, I knew I wanted to do it but was afraid of the life-changing addiction that would follow.

OT: Anyone know how long the service is on the voucher sub? They say the voucher is worth $105 for 6 gradings (how do they get THAT total?) which leads me to believe it's the Regular (10 business day) service. Not complaining or anything, just curious.
  • Options
    I just got an extended pause, then nada!

I hear patience is a virtue; I'd love to learn it someday image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I just read in another thread about some guy who actually knows his sub has popped but waits to get the package from PSA to see the grades.

Must be related to Jake LaMotta. image

Arthur
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    yeah, that pause makes me have that false sense that the graders are working on the submission and it will pop shortly after getting to be shipped. Is checking 5 or 6 times in the morning before they even open up crazy?
  • Options

<< <i> Is checking 5 or 6 times in the morning before they even open up crazy? >>

I would say you were crazy if you didnt

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Zef- great topic. I put both my hands over my eyes and do a peekaboo through the crack in the middle of both of my hands and I am relieved ......... when they don't post. I have to build it up over about 30 - 40 hits before I start getting impatient but then.......... when they post, I almost sht myself with PANIC !!!!! chaz
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I've checked for grades at 2:00AM before.....I know it's not
    there, but I do it anyways.
  • Options

<< <i>.......... when they post, I almost sht myself with PANIC !!!!! chaz >>

I dont worry about that chaz. I usually check my subs on my laptop on the toilet after work. If it happens Im ready image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'll re-size my browser window so it's small, then scroll down line by line.

If I see the blue header line that a popped sub has, then I get really excited, if not, I'll click refresh a few times then give up for another 10 min.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I always have like a moment of shock when they pop, then look at the numbers all at once to see if I got a lot of 10s, then it takes about 15 or 20 seconds for me to realize what's going on. And afetrwards, I have no recollection of what just happened, but I've gathered myself and am ready to process the information.
  • Options

<< <i>I've checked for grades at 2:00AM before.....I know it's not
    there, but I do it anyways. >>

That is really sick !!!!!!! chaz
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    have a real fast cable modem so i get no pause, just instant disappointment lol
    randy
  • Options
    I had a sub pop, 4sc style so I can't complain for another 6 months. But I did just anther confirmation email that my grades were ready, I got soo excited and jumped right over the the website, knowing it was to ogood to be true..only get that dam pause on my tall boy 54 red man sub! They had sent me a SECOND email that my first sub was ready!!
  • Options

They must have gotten a new server becuase the pause is nowhere like it used to be.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.......... when they post, I almost sht myself with PANIC !!!!! chaz >>

I dont worry about that chaz. I usually check my subs on my laptop on the toilet after work. If it happens Im ready image >>

Great idea. I'll try that next time. But in running to the head after they post, I won't know whether to sit on it or throw up in it !!! chaz
  • Options
    I've checked while at other people's houses.

I AM A LOSER.

What really sucks is when they pop when you're visiting friends and you don't hear a word anyone is saying. Just locked into those grades!

I used to print and highlight accordingly. 10s are yellow, 9s are green, 8s are pink, etc.

Just waiting, waiting for that 70-pound box of bliss to be delivered to my front door by Sweaty Stan the mailman.

He's always asking something like, "Whatcha got in here, boy?" While he's dabbing the perspiration from his brow.

Then I'd sell them all for $.99 on eBay and lose a ton of money.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Just got hit with the pause. Lee is getting very upset! SERENITY NOW!!