Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I DIDN'T KNOW PCGS WAS CHANGING IT'S HOLDERS FOR SATIN FINISH COINS???

sorry if I missed a previous post on this. OH MY GOD. FIRST STRIKE HOLDERS.....AND NOW THIS.....

ARE THEY JUST DOING IT FOR THE FIRST YEAR?

One of PineValleyCoins eBay auctions is below.....

NEW SATIN FINISH HOLDER

Comments

• Options
    is that really real? did PCGS trademark "Satin Finish (little trademark symbol I don't know how to make)"? wow, it's like watching our money turn into Monopoly (little trademark symbol I don't know how to make)Hasbro money.
    Varieties are the spice of a Type Set.

Need more $$$ for coins?
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    ugly
  • Options
    CoinFameCoinFame Posts: 647
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe those are the holders you receive with bulk submissions. All regularly submitted coins shouldn't have that holder. image

Edited: My submissions did not come back with that holder.
    Seth
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coinfame:

If your SF coins aren't in that style holder, your coins should command a substantial premium because the "speciall" SF holder seems to me to be one butt ugly holder. image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    CoinFameCoinFame Posts: 647

<< <i>Coinfame: If your SF coins aren't in that style holder, your coins should command a substantial premium because the "speciall" SF holder seems to me to be one butt ugly holder. image Mark >>

imageimage

I have bought a few with the new holder myself, but they'll likely be swapped out with a CoinFame.com pedigree holder if they make it in my set. image

Edited: After reviewing the purchased PCGS Cartoon Slab™ coins, few are worthy of reholdering to put in my set. I'll keep the ones I grade even if they're a grade lower. Even a grade lower, I think I'd have an equal or better coin based only on the PCGS Cartoon Slab™ coins I've seen.
    Seth
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"speciall" SF holder seems to me to be one butt ugly holder. >>

imageimageimageimageimage

<< <i>Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe those are the holders you receive with bulk submissions. >>

I Believe you are correct, this type of holder is only availabe with Bulk subbmissions.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a marketing scam dreamed up to bilk an extra $2 per slab from Dealers.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all you guys out there who collect different PCGS holders, not only is that special Satin Finish holder limited in its distribution thus far (as only bulk lots submitters who pay the extra premium get that special holder), but, notice that PCGS had the designation "SF" after the grade. I believe PCGS changed its holders recently to exclude "SF" from the grade. If it turns out PCGS excludes SF from the grade from this point forward, that holder Pine Valley is selling may turn out to be one on the list of the different holders that collectors collect in very limited production. You heard it here first image

NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THE SLAB IS WORTH 1 CENT MORE THAN ANOTHER SLAB WHICH FROM THIS POINT FORWARD WILL NOT HAVE "SF" FOLLOWING THE GRADE - I AM SAYING IT MAY BECOME A NEAT HOLDER TO THE COLLECTOR WHO TRYS TO ACCUMULATE ALL THE DIFFERENT TYPE HOLDERS PCGS HAS USED IN ITS HISTORY.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Thanks again for the coin Mitch. Much appreciated.