Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the most number of watchers you have had on one of your auctions?

Just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    Once I had 45000 "hits", not sure how many people watching it - that was before sellers could track that.

Most watches without a sale 28 - 28 people cared enough to watch it, but no one wanted it image
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    I've had that before too, a lot of times, people have an item like you are selling and want to keep an eye on it, or they forget about it.
  • Options
    20's, but I'm a ebay newbie image
    Ryan
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't sell but I just wanted to ask if anyone remembers the guy selling his wife's wedding dress? He modeled it himself - that thing was getting thousands of hits per second!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't sell but I just wanted to ask if anyone remembers the guy selling his wife's wedding dress? He modeled it himself - that thing was getting thousands of hits per second!

mike >>

I remember it well... at one point I was continually hitting Refresh, watching the hits pile up image
  • Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    mid 20's for me as well...I guess I don't sell anything too exciting and I don't think I could fit into my wife's wedding dress
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    You do have to remember that the "watchers column" is a relatively new aspect of ebay.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had more than 20 yet. A good number were in the teens. It is amazing that at least from my auctions there hasn't been any correlation with watchers and bidders at the end of the auction. Some with say 15 watchers, no bids at the end. Some with just a few watchers, nice bidding action at the end.

Brian - WOW - 45,000 hits! If I may ask, what was the auction for?
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    I have 32 on one of my Bobby Jones PSA 6 auctions right now!!!
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options

<< <i>Brian - WOW - 45,000 hits! If I may ask, what was the auction for? >>

I built an NES PC a few years ago. Basically an old nintendo was gutted, and I built a pentium 3 computer out of it. It has a DVD-ROM, 256MB RAM, the power and reset NES switches were soldered to the MB so they'd still function, and the keyboard and mouse wires were spliced so they'd plug into the old nes controller slots.

It had about 200 hits in 4 days, but collegehumor.com put it on their website and that was responsible for about 15000 hits a day!

sorry for the hijack, but here's a few pics.

Brian
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Cool cornholio. I have a PC built out of Lego. image

The most I've had was around 50 for a Bobby Orr RC.
  • Options
    My best was in the 30s as well for a GAI 6 38 goudey Dimaggio.

GG
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

cornhole, that is awesome! What did it sell for?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian
    Very nice! If ever, space is a problem, that will come in handy!! I wonder about overheating?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian - sounds like something Tim Allen would do if he knew computers - LOL

What did it finally sell for?
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I believe it sold for around $525, and it cost around $325 to build – a lot of labor too, but it was a lot of fun to work on. It has very good heat transfer - the power supply is "micro" and has a fan, the MB has a fan, and there are two rear fans.

Brian

edit to add: oh yeah, it has XP as the OS, but I got it too boot to an emulated super mario game when you turned it on.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I always have many more poeple watching my car parts than my PSA/baseball stuff. Guess that is what happens when you have 1969 chevelle parts!
  • Options
    The most I've had is about 35 and that auction happened to end with only 3 bidders duking it out. Interesting that so many would watch but so few would participate.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I often have items on my "watch list" that I have no intention of bidding on because the price is too high. I watch to see it end at no bids, and then hopefully relisted at a lower price--at which point I do bid. Seems to happen that way almost 50% of the time. One item I watched get relisted at least 6 times--but the seller never lowered the price and it never sold. I eventually gave up and stopped watching.

I would definately recommend to all sellers that have items ending with no bids but does have multiple people "officially" watching it--just relist at a lower price (if feasible) and you will almost be sure to sell it next time.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Last Year I had Calgary Flames tickets for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final. I had over 300 watchers at one point. I ended up selling the pair for $2100, not bad for $50 seats

Ryan
  • Options
    This is new. I list a card and someone watches it within 2 minutes of the listing... 7 days go by and no bids, I relist and, and within a minute someone watches it. Some must continually refresh their computer every minute, but with no interest in buying image
  • Options
    rlankhaarrlankhaar Posts: 157 ✭✭

<< <i>This is new. I list a card and someone watches it within 2 minutes of the listing... 7 days go by and no bids, I relist and, and within a minute someone watches it. Some must continually refresh their computer every minute, but with no interest in buying image >>

I know I've kept watching things that get relisted that I don't plan on bidding on-usually something that has a high minimum bid that I think is too high and I'm just seeing if someone actually will bid on it. Funny story-I kept watching a small lot I was interested in get relisted (it only had one common I wanted). It started at $9.99 and every week got relisted for .50 less. This happened like 6-7 times, when finally the guy gave up and listed it in his ebay store...for $17. Whatever.
    Always looking for 1996 Select Certified Football.