Home Stamps Forum
Options

Hey DJC what's up?

I haven't been on in a while but I haven't seen you here before either.

Nice stamps by the way.

What book to buy?

I have a 1982 Harris Illustrated Postage stamp catalog.

What would you upgrade to?

I found my stamp collection awhile back and I'm adding to it. I also found the above book with them

Comments

• Options
    DJCDJC Posts: 787
    I'm off and on, more off than on.

I spend lots of time on the US coin forum, mostly. But, after noticing how dead the stamp forum was, thought I'd join in and try to help liven it up a bit. I've collected US Classics far longer and much more seriously than US coin, just never had much of an outlet before. If you're into US stamps, I'd recommend the Scott United States Specialized Catalog.

Frequently you can find previous years' catalogs really cheap (saw a 2003 US Spec go for $8, with shipping, go on eBay lasat week). Earlier catalogs are still really useful for ID'ing purposes, and quite a bit of the more 'obscure' material values don't change terribly quickly. For the core US material, the quarterly supplement is more up to date, and provides values in other grades.

For world stuff, I have a Scott Classic Era Specialized catalog. It covers 1840-1940 (through '52 for British Commonwealth). I don't do modern stamps, and don't buy enough foreign to justify 6 $50 catalogs for the complete world set, so the Classic Era works best for me.

BTW~ Most of the stamp images I've posted aren't mine. Just linking to them from some really good sites. My collection resides in the bank, so it's rare I get images from it to post.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Thanks a bunch dude!

PURPLE!