Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

poll: Satin Finish coins in Collectors Mint Set Circulation Strikes registry?

Here's PCGS's Collectors Mint Set, Circulation Strikes (1970-2000) description:

<< <i>Starting in 1947, the U.S. Mint packaged complete sets of all the coins minted during the year and sold these coins to collectors for a premium price. The sets contain circulation strike examples of every denomination and mint-mark issued for the year. In 1970, the Mint only issued Denver mint half dollars in Mint Sets, and no Denver mint half dollars were released for general circulation. Since that there have been 19 other coins that have been issued by the Mint that were only available in Mint Sets. The "Mint Set Only" set consists of the 20 coins that have been issued exclusively in Mint Sets. >>

Even though "(1970-2000)" is in the set title, I think they should add 2005+ satin finish coins. I guess PCGS has a lot of questions to answer still about the satin finish coins in terms of holes in registry sets. What do you think?
Varieties are the spice of a Type Set.

Need more $$$ for coins?

Comments

• Options
    This is a tough one to answer as the original idea was coins only available from the mint like the 1970 D half. If PCGS starts making all sets effected need both the regular and Satin finish I say include them.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    I had asked DH in the Q&A for this week, here is the answer.

LINK
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86