Home Stamps Forum
Options

My stamp albums *Album 2 Pages now up*

Click here for the pics from Album 2- 'Scott number'

Album 2 Pages now up! Soory about the delay, folks.

[I'll also post when I have the page descriptions up.]

I have built up quite a lot of stamps (several thousand, I don't have time to count them, but the only stamps I've really organized are my two albums.

I've gotten stamps in the following ways:
The normal 'soak 'em off envelopes' method
Buying them at Post Offices (I often buy small amounts of commemoratives, as they come out, to help keep my collection current) I have an envelope filled with several stamp blocks that I got this way, but I can't find the darn thing right now!
Buying from the Post Office catalog
I placed a major order from the Mystic catalog once, and I was part of Mystic's approvals group for a few months. I have to say that Mystic's catalog prices are very good, especially for fairly common used stamps. They even have many stamps at 15 cents, instead of the Scott minimum of 20 cents.
I have also received some stamps as gifts. Most notable was a grocery store bag that was nearly full of old foreign stamps from the 60s and 70s.
My two albums are standard 1 inch 3-ring binders. (Trying to be economical here, I don't have that much of a collecting budget) I have used Avery report covers and special beige/ black border album pages that I ordered from Mystic.

There's no real theme to my first album, but my second album is more 'official', I have it organized by Scott number.

I've scanned each page of my albums and then posted the pics here. (Well, actually, I used a digital camera.) [I used a photo editor to shrink the pictures to a reasonable file size.] Anyway:

Click here for the pics from Album 1- Assorted

Click here for the pics from Album 2- 'Scott number'

the Album 2 pages aren't up yet, I hope to get that done tomorrow...

But you can look at the picture files directly: http://www.geocities.com/alangilfoy/stamp_albums/Album_2/Album2_PageX.jpg , where X is a number from 1 to 18. (The 1-digit numbers have a leading zero)

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your album. Looks like you have put a lot work into it making each of your pages. Please post pics when you have your second album ready.

BTW, did you see the Heligoland #3 in my giveaway? Only one person has entered so far.

Doug