Home Autographs Forum
Options

Donald Trump signed Book

Hi,
Would you be able to tell me if this book is actually signed by Donald Trump or if it's a stamp or signed by a secretary?

Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Chris102/IMG_0277.jpg
C Dolan

Comments

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi,
    I can tell you that Autopens are usually not dedicated image
    He is such a modern "celebrity" - not my area as most are forged or secretarial at best. I have heard he is a responsive signer. This may be from a book signing. Value I imagine is under $100. I can't say if genuine or not - I did not do any examination. I do not have any exemplars of his signature.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    Hi Billy,
    Thanks for your reply. I recieved the book through the mail. I purchased the book, and sent it to him to be signed. I can't tell if it's actually signed, or if it was done by a secretary.
    C Dolan
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    My advice would be to send something else in for him to sign. If it comes back looking exactly the same it's an autopen. or just compare the auto with others found on ebay and what not..
  • Options
    I don't know. If it comes back exactly the same, Autopen. If it comes back different - mulitiple Autopen patterns or templates. If it comes back different - perhaps a different secretary or genuine. You see where this goes - it always goes the same place. You need to see a quantity of known authentic examples.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    Thanks for your help.

I was on eBay, and I found a Trump autograph that looks just like mine, and there is a bid, so now I'm assuming my autograph is real. Both my signed book and the signed photo on eBay have the same look - "DruummdsSruumm^p"
    C Dolan
  • Options
    HI,
    that is great - but unless you have a lot of experience, "finding one that looks like yours on eBay" is not saying a lot. A bid does [n]not mean it is authentic. That is bad logic to say the least. His signature is surely common and not very valuable - why not wait to edeucate yourself? If it looks "just" like yours how do you know it is not an Autopen? How many authentic examples have you seen? BTW - I have no idea if yours is good or not - but logic must be applied when purchasing autographs or you will have a collection of foregies and fakes. REad some of the threads in this Forum about forgery (Brando) and Autopens (Garland).

Best,
    Billy