Home Autographs Forum
Options

Bono

Does Bono from U2 sign through the mail? I checked a few websites, but they didn't say anything.
C Dolan

Comments

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi,
    it is extremely unlikely to receive anything handsigned through the mail from any celebrities enjoying current stardom. Not impossible, but darn close to it. The last address I have for Bono is Island records in NY - this is likely not valid anymore. He was listed as an inconsistent responder at least 10 years ago. Especially after yesterdays concert - these people will be inundated with mail. See the Jim Carrey thread, or the Judy Garland Autopen thread.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    I sent autograph requests out to President George H. W. Bush, Michael Richards, and President Bill Clinton a few days ago. I don't think Clinton will respond, but I thought it's worth a try. I heard George HW Bush used to use autopen frequently. Do you know if he actually signs letters and photos now?
    C Dolan
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Our glorious leader is known for Autopen. It is possible to receive a handsigned item from the people you named, but extremely unlikely. However, you stand a better chance with Clinton now that he is not in office - same with a lot of celebs. Catch them when they are not so busy and your chances go up - a little image the general rule these days - through the mail = secretarial or Autopen. Do a search online and you can see the various examples of Autopen used by Bush and Clinton.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    Billy,
    I wrote to Bush Sr., not W image
    C Dolan