Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is this? selling an option?

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

The same type of thing was posted last week. I couldn't find the thread but I am sure one of the better hunters will...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    If you win the auction, you get to buy the card for $3650, IF you want to. Just an attempt to circumvent eBay fees. This has got to be against eBay's user agreement. This is the "Best" case scenario. A scan of the card might inspire a BIT more confidence, but not much!
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    This must be a grey area for eBay. I know in the real estate area it is common and accepted for sellers to run auctions for the downpayment only.
  • Options
    Thanks... I guess I need to read the boards more often... I missed that thread... I get it now... But will he still circumvent the fees if he relists especially for the winner of the option?
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

What the hell is this crap? Somebody call the cops!!

This is yet another Option Auction. The Ted Williams in question has been confirmed as an SGC 84. Card number 66a is rare and books at $3000+. Again, this auction is to sell an OPTION to buy the Williams card at $3650.

The winner of the option will have prior knowledge to the " BUY It KNOW" screen that will be established upon recieveal of the card. Again, this should be the 7-8th of july.

ANYBODY WHO WINS ALL THE OPTIONS AUCTIONS WILL RECIEVE A FREE TED WILLIAMS SGC 40. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.

ANYBODY WHO WINS AT LEAST HALF OF THE OPTION AUCTIONS WILL RECIEVE A FREE WARREN SPAHN SGC
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    What Ted Williams do I get in SGC 40? What an @$$ trying to pull this stunt. It is idiots like this that I would like to have us all on the board hear flood him with e-mails.

Stingray
  • Options
    <<But will he still circumvent the fees if he relists especially for the winner of the option?>>

It doesn't look like it. The way I read it, he will list the auction with a buy it now of $3,000 and the winnier of the option will be given advanced notice of when the listing will appear. He'll still have to pay listing and final value fees for both auctions (the option auction and the actual auction). The problem is, there is no way he can guarantee that you will be quick enough to get the card at the "Buy it Now." I'm staying far away from this one. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    hey, i live close to him, maybe I should go over and ask to see the cards. lol, that would be funny.

josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.